Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mercy Meets Dasher



Mercy had another wonderful sketch this week and I celebrated a full day all to myself at home (kids are now in school full time) by stamping away. It was a delightful way to spend my day :D

In keeping with working through my Costco DP package, I found this wonderful paper. I also got my SU Dasher reindeer so it was a perfect time to make a Christmas card. Sage Shadow and some Cream Linen paper I had matched perfectly.

I embossed Rudolf in Gold, used the debossed side of the Snowflakes embossing folder as the mat on the second panel, punched out the snowflake and added a brad for the corner item. My reindeer was a bit lost in all that cream space so I added a corner tab and another gold brad to balance things off. The finishing touch was some yummy cream satin ribbon. I was delighted with how this turned out and think I will make a few more as Christmas cards for family and friends.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.



What's In It?
Stamps
: Dasher
Paper: Costco DP, Sage Shadow, Cream Linen
Accessories: Gold Brads, Gold Ultra Fine Embossing Powder, Corner Punch, Snowflakes Embossing Folder, Cream Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals.

9 comments:

Donna Marie said...

Hey,
Yes I am the one leaving you comments.....I am fairly new myself. I really love your work, glad you decided to join the blogging world LOL

Dawn B. said...

I love this Marisa. I have been eyeing that image for a shoebox swap. I like seeing it on a card. Such soft sweet colors. Great job.. You are bloggin along..so glad to see you in blogland.

Lynn said...

Very pretty card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so sweet and pretty. I like the soft blues and your reindeer is darling!

Unknown said...

oh marisa...this is so stunning! great colors, dp, and dasher looks fabulous! thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Maureen said...

I love this card! I think it may be one of my favourites of yours!! Love the Dasher image and the colours and that delicious ribbon!! You've turned into me now!! I have no time to stamp...at least this week...will start tomorrow after work, though :)

Betty Wright said...

Marisa...whiterockmama???? Is it you?!!!!! Oh...I am so glad you commented on my blog. I try to return comments as I have just had high speed internet for about a month and starting to blog more myself. Yippee!!! I see that you are NEW to the blogging world. Goodness!!!! Put that little followers gadget up and I will follow you. You have to start somewhere.

Oh, totally forgot....YOUR card is fabulous!!! Wonderfully detailing, textures, and colors. Beautiful Christmas card!

stampinganja said...

Thanks Marisa, for leaving a comment for my card on SCS, that's how I found your wonderful blog!
I really like your style of making cards!
So I became a follower, hope that's okay.
I also read that you lived in the Netherlands for a year, that's where I am from before we came to Canada, did you like it?
Just wondering, thanks for sharing your talent, Anja

Pam Varnell said...

Beautiful Marisa. I love your card. Thanks so much for playing along with us on the sketch challenge. Hugs!!