Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mercy's Tuesday Sketch #40



Today is my daughter's birthday and I can't believe my firstborn is turning 11...it just pulls at my heart strings!! Where do the years go?!! She is growing up so quickly I wish I could freeze frame her for a while. As some one once said, "it is hard to have your heart walking around outside your body" and I have so many wonderful memories I have treasured in my heart!! She is such a precious child who has an amazing faith and relationship with Jesus. Her huge heart, sensitive spirit, giving heart and helpful nature are but a few of the things I love about her. She has taught me so much by simply being who she is and has stretched me when I have to deal with and help equip her on how to deal with her emotional side (we are quite opposite here -- I'm not overly emotional and she very emotional!) . My prayer is that God would use me to equip and train her to be the best she can be for Him, that her relationship with Christ would grow deeper every year and that she would touch the lives of many. Happy Birthday, sweetheart - I LOVE YOU!

Now on to the card! This is another wonderful Tuesday Sketch by Mercy! If you are unfamiliar with her sketches, visit her blog Lord Have Mercy.

Since today is the first day of Fall I thought I would make an Autumn card. I found this fun polka dotted DP and decided to go with it. I pulled out one of my favorite SU sets Petal Prints. I stamped off the image once to give it a bit of shading, and used the Itty Bitty Background stamp for some flecks on the main image panel and around the tan panel. Since it was a pretty "dull" card, I added some Chocolate Chip cardstock for a bit of pop, used this yummy brown satin ribbon to match and added three brads on the main image panel. The card is still very dull in my eyes so I'm going to make another one with this sketch as it is such a wonderful sketch!!

Thanks for dropping by :D



What's In It? Stamps: Petal Prints Paper: Unknown DP, Chocolate Chip, Tan, Cream Linen Ink: Rudy Red Accessories: Chocolate Brown Satin Ribbon, Brads, Corner Rounder, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Aw, what a sweet way to honour your daughter today...I hope she reads what you wrote. What a great idea to make a fall card today...I'm mulling over this sketch in my mind, but want to do the Mojo first as it's been in there (my mind) since yesterday, waiting to burst out...I hope it doesn't make a mess!! I thought Donny, Aaron, and the karate fighter (was his name Adam? I can't remember his name as I don't know him) were the best so far.

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Marisa!!! I love this image and still have this set. Great look and design with the sketch!!! Lovely card!!!

Unknown said...

marisa...what a sweet tribute to your daughter! they all grow ups so fast, don't they?!?

i know she had to love her card, b/c it is absolutely gorgeous! love the monochromatic look with the pop of white...beautifully done!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Kristin Moore said...

such a beautiful card! I love everything about it!