Saturday, September 19, 2009

Verve September Sketch #4



This week's Verve Sketch with a Twist was to make a black and white card. I just love black and white cards. They are bold, sophisticated and have wonderful clean lines. Amber provided us with a wonderful sketch to go along with the twist too.

I dug through my Costco DP pack (tired of me referring to that yet LOL!) as I knew it had some black and white DP sheets in it. I found this wonderful sheet and went from there. I used the bonus stamp Julee sent with my last Verve order as it referred to flowers and the DP had flowers. The swirls of the script on the sentiment lead me to the Divine Swirls embossing folder and when you have flowers you have to have butterflies, right?! This sheer black ribbon was a nice soft finishing touch.

I have now completed my September Verve sketches - yeah!! It has been quite the week of creating and now I have to get back into my real life and get some things done around here :D

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my little corner of blog land.



What's In It?
Stamps: Verve
Paper: Costco DP Pack, Black, White Ink: Black
Accessories: SU Scalloped Border Punch, Martha Steward Butterfly Punch, Half Pearls, Divine Swirls Embossing Folder, Sheer Black Ribbon, Dimensionals

8 comments:

Maureen said...

This is so beautiful...I love that sentiment. I've finished mine too but have to photograph it still. It's funny because when you look at the gallery, they sort of look the same...all being black and white...it sounded simple at first, but I changed mine a few times. Love the embossing and ribbon and you are so right about the butterflies!!

thescrapmaster said...

Love the black and white!
Hugs,
Samantha
SP Color Combos -Come play at SPCC!
Http://spcolorcombos.blogspot.com

lesleyworth said...

beautiful! so elegant!

Kathy said...

Lovely, the butterflies are the perfect touch. Such an elegant card!

Amy Sheffer said...

Sheer class, girl! Gorgeous work!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, nice work!

enjoy*~*

Heidi said...

WOW this is beautiful!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi Marisa~ How nice to see you blogging!!! Welcome to blogland!!! Love your card - so very pretty!!! TFS!!!