Friday, October 30, 2009

Plain Jane Mojo



This is the first card I've been able to make all week!!  It's been a crazy busy week so it was wonderful to get a bit of down time and work with this week's Mojo Monday sketch.  As usual, Julee has come up with another wonderful sketch.  I started out in one direction and ended up in a totally different place LOL!  I had my heart set on using  SU's Great Friend set and ended up using a Verve Plain Jane instead.  No worries because I just love the Plain Janes.  The verses are many of my favorites and I just love the fonts Julee used for them. In this case I chose Psalm 46:10, first of all because it fit the circle I had already punched out and second of all because it was a very fitting verse for me after a very busy week.  I can sometimes and depending on the time of year, often get so caught up in getting through my "to do" list and seeing if I can squeeze one more thing into my schedule or out of my day that I neglect one of the most important things I need to do:  to be still before God and allow Him to fill me.  It was a wonderful reminder, especially in lieu of the business of the Christmas Christmas season that will be upon us before we know it.

Sorry, I went on a tangent there.  Back to the card.  My trusty Swiss Dots embossing folder gave the white panel some texture, and I used some SU Hostess Gift DSP for the two larger panels.  Then I got a bit stuck with what to do with the small square panel, especially since I did such a drastic shift from my original concept of having an image in the circle and the sentiment on the small panel.  I tried various butterflies, flowers and flower combinations, and finally selected this fun little flower.  I think a large prima may have been a better choice, but I didn't have any so option "B" had to fit the bill for now.   A half pearl on the flower and some white ribbon finished things off. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and sorry for my lack of posting.  I have Mercy's sketch and this week's Verve sketch to catch up on so I'll be back with more hopefully sooner than later :D





What's In It?
Stamps:  Psalm 46:10 (Verve)
Paper:  Regal Rose, SU DSP, Blue 
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Foler, Marvy Circle and Scallope Circle Punches, Marvy Flower Punch, 1/4" White Grossgrain Ribbon, Silver Half Pearl, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

*SIGH* Marisa this is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! This is my FAV, such a soothing verse!!! Secondly Swiss Dots is my FAV EF and I LOVE pink and blue!!! Love everything about this card!!!! :)

Maureen said...

the flower is perfect!! There were a lot of shapes on this one, eh? Love that sentiment too...it's what I like to do at mass on Sundays...just sit and be still :) Love the dp too...I always get those little packs...they are great to mix and match with :)

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is just beautiful!! Love the colors.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautifully done, Marisa! Love the color combo!