Friday, November 6, 2009

Snowflake Mojo



I finally got some time to get to this week's Mojo Sketch.  Julee has given us a wonderful, clean sketch to work with since things are starting to get busy with only 49 days until Christmas (sorry I mentioned it!).  

The first thing that came to mind for the main image panel was to use a big snowflake.  It's probably a carry over from my wanting to use one for Mercy's sketch last week and opting not to since others beat me to it fair and square.  As we used to say a few years back: "you snooze you lose" LOL!   Anyway, I was originally thinking of going with blues and a silver snowflake but then I found this wonderful paper in my Costco DP Pack, which has been feeling a quite neglected as of late LOL.  It paired up wonderfully with Mellow Moss and cream - two colours that give me warm fuzzies.  Needless to say, my snowflake went from silver to gold in a big hurry.  I used my Cuttlebug Snowflake Die to punch it out and added a gold brad to the middle for a bit of dimension.

Then my lack of visualization abilities swung into full gear.....should the image panel be embossed or plain. I decided an embossed one would look better but then had to try multiple embossed options before I could finally decided on which one to go with.  I should have stuck with my first instinct as that is the one I ended up using!  Have I ever mentioned I am not a very visual person LOL!  Believe it or not, I actually have to physically move a piece of furniture, a picture, decoration etc. before deciding if I like them in a certain place or put a certain way because I can't picture it in my mind for the life of me!  Unfortunately, this wonderful lack of visual/spacial skill carries over into my card making and as a result often provides me with many wonderful left overs for future cards LOL!  I used my circle and scalloped circle nesties for the sentiment and added a row of piercing underneath it for a little added something.  Yummy cream, satin ribbon and three brads finished things off.

Thanks so much for popping in listening to my card making "issues" LOL!  Have a great weekend :D  I'm off to help DH cook (well actually, DH is doing the cooking -- good thing too!! -- and I'm prep girl and sues chef) for the Alpha Retreat being held at our church this weekend.  We get do feed 80+ people three meals so I'll be a busy girl.  Verve Sketch With A Twist will just have to wait a few days.  Blessings!





What's In It?
Stamps: Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Costco DP Pack
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Brads, Paper Piercing Kit, Cuttlebug Snowflake Die, Script Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

This is sweet and pretty! I like the focus of the snowflake!
Good luck their sues chef... you are just as needed as the chef! Have fun this weekend!

Maureen said...

beautiful!! We'll have to agree that we can use snowflakes on the same card sketch!! It's not as bad as showing up to a party in the same dress!! LOL Love the piercing on the sentiment and the embossed panel...I think you can never go wrong with swiss dots and this script one :) Have a fun weekend with your Alpha group :) I finally finished last week's VLV sketch...it was harder than it looked!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

What a beautiful card - your patience shows :) Love the paper piercing, I have been meaning to try that, but the tool I bought is kind of junky.

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa - this is a beautiful take on the Mojo Sketch!!! I can't hardly believe it's only 49 days till x-mas...I'm starting to freak out - LOL!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

JenMarie said...

GORGEOUS!
Lovely colors!

TannyP said...

LOL! You can use snowflakes on whatever you like, Marisa...because I said so =)

Gorgeous card - have a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to see your next beautiful creation!

Unknown said...

Ooh this is gorgeous Marisa! The colours are perfect!
I'm like you, can't tell a thing unless I see it! I'm not a bit 'spacial', although at a work's event, that's what I was classified as! (Must've been a clone)! Ha Ha
Viv xx

Denise Marzec said...

TOTALLY gorgeous!! Looooove the moss green with that big snowflake. Gorgeous color combo.

Kathy Jones said...

GORGEOUS Marisa!!! LOVE the colours you've used - so soft and serene and perfect for a Christmas card!!! Love the embossing behind your snowflake too!!! :)

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is really pretty.. I am loving that big snowflake.. I too have to move my furniture that way..LOL I thought I was the only one.. Great job with this card..Sounds like you had a busy weekend..Hope it went well.

jaydee said...

I love it. I love the colors and the fact that the card is so tactile. I want to reach out and touch it.
thanks for sharing
jaydee

ChristineCreations said...

This is just beautiful Marisa, such great colors and the embossing you chose looks fabulous!

Susan (rainy) said...

Well the end result is FABULOUS! I am the same way.. sometimes I'll move something around on a card trying to figure out where the best place is for it for half of an hour or more!! lol This is such a soft and lovely card. Hope that you had a wonderful weekend.

Olga said...

Very elegant card - the colors and the embossed background flow so well together.