Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Spring Mojo





What a fun Mojo Sketch Julee came up with this week. Just perfect for squeezing in a card before Christmas.

With all the news and pictures on blogs of the snow that has fallen on the East Coast, plus vivid memories of the huge dump of snow we got last Christmas, I decided to think Spring!  I pulled out this cute set and my Michael's $1.50 mini  flower punch and went to work with this colour combo that just makes me happy :)    Lots of flowers plus some butterflies and I managed to bring a tiny bit of Spring into my craft room :D  Thankfully, the Apron Lace punch I ordered on line for my birthday in January (gotta take advantage of the sales while they are happening) hasn't arrived yet or you know what I'd be very tempted to do LOL!!  My Threading Water punch worked wonderfully instead.

The sentiment had to have a soft feel to it to match the rest of the card so I pulled out SU's Think Happy Thoughts.  The sentiment stamped and punched easily, but when it came to centering the flower in the sentiment circle, I couldn't do it for the life of me - ugh.  I gave up after three tries so just pretend it's nice and centered, okay?!

The white space needed a little something so I tried various scoring patterns and finally settled on two lines a quarter inch apart on the top and bottom of the white panels.  Unfortunately, my far from professional photography skills could only get the top set to show up, but I promise you they are also on the bottom :D  Something was still missing, so I added a bow at the bottom of the sentiment ribbon for a bit of "umph" and  finished things off with a few brown half pearls on the butterflies and the center of my "centered" sentiment flower LOL.  Presto, Spring had sprung!

Thanks or taking a few minutes during this very busy time of year to visit!  Hang in there, only a few more sleeps and all your business and hard work will be rewarded by big smiles and thank yous.





 What's In It?
Stamps:  Sweet Dreams (SU), Think Happy Thoughts (SU)
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral, So Saffron
Ink:  Mellow Moss, Cameo Coral
Accessories:  Threading Water Punck, Michael's Mini $1.50 Flower Punch, 1/8" circle punch, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Brown Half Pearls, 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Scor-Pal, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Monique said...

Oh your card is so beautiful...nice and refreshing..Its funny I live in Alberta and now have tons of snow and looking in the background of the pic you have grass!! lol..Have a Merry Christmas )

Denise said...

Very pretty, I love how you did the ribbon & bow.
Merry Christmas
Hugs,
Denise

dj said...

beautifully done!!

Kristina said...

This card is too, too cute! I love the little flower garden you created with that mini punch! I always see those punches at Michael's and wonder how in the world to use them. My eyes have now been opened! And love that big bow, too.

Teresa Kline said...

oh my is this gorgeous....I do luv spring, a true beauty.....I had a glimpse of spring in my mind despite all the wonderful snow we have.....I really enjoy all the seasons, it is a sign of God's faithfulness...thanks for the thought!

Maureen said...

Good for you for keeping Spring in our minds :D I love the threading water punch but she may take a back seat when you get the apron one!! Love all the little flowers :) I hope to make my mojo card tonight before the movie or early tomorrow morning before the gym :)

Danni said...

I love everything about this!! Just gorgeous!

TannyP said...

Your bow is just perfect! I wish one day mine looked that good =) What a mojolicious card - love the colors you've used. It really does speak of spring with all those sweet little flowers and butterflies!

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! This is such a lovely card!!!

Dawn B. said...

Marisa this is beautiful. I love the idea of using a spring type design this time of year. Although we are lucky as teh snow has melted and it is 50 degrees. Feels like Easter..Have a very Happy Holiday..huge hugs and thanks for all your blog support..

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Beautiful, puts me in the Spring mood for sure.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marisa! Love those little flowers. Hope you're having a fabulous Christmas! Many hugs and blessings!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Marisa! Beautiful colors and dimension! Lovely card!

Michelle Woerner said...

So cute with all the flowers, butterflies and tiny black pearls! Love this! Hugs,

Mary said...

Marisa, beautiful card. This card says Spring...It looks so clean and fresh. Thank you for sharing your art.

Kathy Jones said...

Oooooooh Marisa this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love how you used all the white and detailed with scoring!!!! The flowers and butterflies are just darling!!!! I love this pretty, fresh and happy card!!!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Marisa!

Beth said...

I just found your blog and I'm enthralled with it. I love your 'look' ... you do clean, crisp, gorgeous work!!