Friday, February 19, 2010

Darn, Don't Have That Nestie Shape....Yet...

Another wonderful sketch by Amber for this week's Verve Inspiration Challenge.  The inspiration picture basically made my card for me :D  First thing that came to my mind when I saw the plate was: "Darn, I don't have that Nestie shape"....yet.... LOL!   So I stuck to the oval as per the sketch. 

As luck would have it, I had some card stock that was a perfect match for the plate colour.  I then embossed the flower image in white on Kraft as per the napkin. Then I got stuck because I needed another colour to work with and didn't have any DPs with these colours in it.  Back to the picture I went.  Since there was silverware in the picture, I figured gray was a good match.  I crimped the two gray panels for some dimension and added the brads and some ribbon.  The ribbon is actually a perfect match to the card stock but the camera didn't want to show it that way - ugh!  A little something was still needed so I added a little border along the bottom and a tag to pull in a bit more of the kraft colour and fill in that side of the card.

Can't wait to go down town Vancouver this weekend to join the Olympic festivities - free ones that is LOL!  We have clear blue skies and sunshine for a few days to come so you will be able to see Vancouver at its finest :D

Have a fabulous weekend!




What's In It?
Stamps:  More Petal Prints (SU)
Paper: Kraft, Eggplant?, Cream Linen, Light Gray
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Scalloped Oval and Oval Nesties, Crimper, SU Border Punch, 1/4" Gross Grain Ribbon, Brads, White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals

 .

14 comments:

Alex said...

Beautiful card Marisa, I love the colors! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and I like the single flower on the kraft. what nesstie shape were you talking about? I am sitting here trying to figure it out. lol Maybe I need more coffee. hee hee

Vicki Burdick said...

Super cute card Marisa, love that crimped bottom!!!

Heidi said...

You did great on this one Marisa, this was the one color palette I had a difficult time with. But I love what you did with it.

Maureen said...

Wow! You're fast!! Love how you worked this sketch...great inspiration from the photo and lovely stamped flower :) I'm still thinking about that half oval..it's throwing me off!! I hope you are heading to Van right now...I now of at least one teacher I ran into yesterday was so excited to be heading down after the workshops...red mittens in hand, not wearing them as we had a beautiful warm day :)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

beautiful !!!!!and wonderfully execuuted layout!!!
tfs:)

Dawn B. said...

Oh my gosh this is perfect Marisa.. I looks exactly like the inspiration piece.. You did a terrific job.. I am wishing I had pretty dishes and dinner napkins like that..Great job.

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous, Marisa!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I love how perfect your stamp is! I know I don't have the circle nesties yet either. Bummer. But you still made it beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

Gorgeous Marisa!!! What a wonderful job you did with the sketch and inspiration!!! Love the white embossed panel and the crimped panel, beautiful bow and yummy border punch!!

I'm sure you had a ball at the Olympic celebrations!!! ;-)

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful! Your card is prefect take on the sketch and inspiration.

Susan (rainy) said...

What a beautiful card with wonderful details.

Hope you had / are having fun in Vancouver!!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

totally inspired Marisa! I reckon that can't be beat! your take on that picture is truly wonderful.
Can I have your autograph? ;0)
Hugs Viv xxx