Monday, March 1, 2010

Seeds of Today


After watching somewhere around 40 hours of the Olympic coverage Friday through Sunday I have a LOT of catching up to do!! 

Think I'm having a bit of post-Olympic let down LOL!   I'm SO proud of what our athletes accomplished!! To think Canada had never won a gold medal at any Winter Olympics they have hosted (Montreal and Calgary), to now having set the all time record for the number of gold medals won by a country at any Winter Olympics!!!  You could not have scripted a better finish :D  This Olympics caused our usually subdued national pride to explode off the chart!!  From spontaneous outbursts of Oh Canada on various forms of transit and on the streets of Vancouver, to the great crowds that came to watch the events, to the fabulous group of volunteers that helped make it all happen.  The atmosphere at the events and in downtown Vancouver was simply amazing!!  Sure hope it sticks around for a while :D 

On to the card now!!  I kept things pretty simple.  Some fun DP from Mike's I got a long time ago, a Verve Plain Jane for the sentiment, and some bling and a corner tab with some flowers on it to bring things together.  I'll be back with more of my "backlog" soon LOL!

Thanks for visiting and I promise no more Olympic talk for a while LOL!





What's In It?
Stamps:  Verve Plain Jane
Ink:  Black
Paper:  DP from Michael's, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Accessories:  Nesties, 5/8" Gross Grain Ribbon from Mike's, SU Corner Tab Punch, Mike's $1.50 Mini Flower Punch,  Bling, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card - Marisa!!! You did a wonderful job on the Sketch!!!

A huge CONGRATS on becoming a Curtain Call DT member!!! I know you will have fun and I'll be watching :)!!!

Also *thank you* for thinking of us during this sad time...it means the world to us!!! Hugs ~S~

Alex said...

Gorgeous card Marisa, I love the colors, the green is so springy!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my goodness, Marisa! this is a gorgeous card with those yummy colors:)

Kristina said...

I'm skipping down to this card first, because I love it! Those colors are so incredibly yummy together! I love the line of bling along the circle, and the punch-through ribbon/bow. Such great little accent touches!

I'm so feeling withdrawls from the Olympics now, too! What am I supposed to do with myself every evening?! I guess now I have the greatest excuse to go to bed ridiculously early. ;)

TrishG said...

Love the colors and layout. Great job putting things together.

TannyP said...

Oh my! Talk about stunning colors! I absolutely love it. Beautiful work, Marisa! (And in addition, I now must have that stamp...)

Maureen said...

oh, i love these colours together :) great ribbon through the panel, bling and photo corner...I always forget that that's a great way to fill up an empty corner :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Springy, and great simplicity!

Kathy Jones said...

Marisa, this card is GORGEOUS girl!!! AWESOME job with the sketch, great colours and love the bling and ribbon treatment!!!