Saturday, May 22, 2010

Curtain Call Act 31


Sorry to have been so quiet lately....life is running at a very hectic pace right now and my stamping time is suffering dearly!  I know this is a busy time of year, but always forget just how busy it can get!  The house is a disaster, we have two family birthdays this month (thankfully the dinner isn't until next weekend and Mother's Day is now over - phew), the plants I bought last weekend for my planters are still sitting on the deck waiting to be planted, and it's going to be an emotional weekend because we are having some very dear friends over for dinner before they move to Alberta.  Yup, think I am officially a wreck LOL!   Hopefully, I can get a lot done this long weekend so things are back in some semblance of ordered chaos :D

Enough whining, on to this week's Curtain Call Colour Challenge!  Love the inspiration piece Stacey came up with for this week's colours.  I bet someone had a lot of fun painting this adorable little play house!  Being that there was green in the mix, my mind immediately went to flowers, but you'll be proud to know, I restrained myself and settled for butterflies instead LOL!

I have always loved how people use the grass image from SU's Inspired by Nature set in so many wonderful ways: from adding butterflies or flowers to turning some of the grass blades into cattails.  That being said, I decided to give it a go.  I must admit this set has been sorely neglected since I purchased it so today is its day to shine :D  I also used Flight of the Butterfly, my beloved Swiss Dots embossing folder, and miracle of miracles, I even found a Garden Green button LOL!  It felt soooo good to stamp and hopefully I can do some more this weekend!

The rest of the Curtain Call Crew have some great samples for your inspiration! 

We'd love it if you joined us too!!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to Mr. Linky on Stacey's blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword Curtain Call.  Each week, Stacey will select one person to receive her "I Got The Lead At The Curtain Call"  Award as well as five people to receive her "I'm A Top 5 Curtain Call Show Stopper" Award which you can post on your blog, so come on over and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping in today, you guys are the best :D




What's In It?
Stamps:  Inspired By Nature, Flight of the Butterfly
Ink:  Garden Green, Almost Amethyst, Night of Navy
Accessories:  SU Border Punch, 5/8" Pink Satin Ribbon, Green Button, Twine, Pink Half Pearls, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

26 comments:

Stacey Schafer said...

so darling, Marisa! love the grassy background image used this way:) Perfect! use of color!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Just gorgeous, Marisa!! This big amethyst butterfly is giving me warm fuzzies - SO awesome!!

Sue said...

Good to see you back, have missed your posts this week :( ! You have inspired me to get this set out and blow the dust off and add some ink to it! Not to mention that seriously cute bow- great work! :)

Amy White said...

Gorgeous card Marissa! Love the combination of the grass and butterflies, and that ribbon finishes it all off perfectly!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Marisa this is soooooo beautiful!!! I just love this colour combo and the butterflies are fabulous! You always do such an amazing job with these challenges!!!

BTW - I'm tired just READING about everything you've got going on this month!!! {hugs}

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful! I love the arrangement!

Julie said...

Love this Marisa...just fabulous! (my house is a disaster too, but a clean house is over-rated!) :)

Pam Speidel said...

OH MY!! Who knew this unusual color combination could be SO beautiful! Marisa, you've outdone yourself once again! Love it!! ♥ Pam
p.s. thank you SO much for always commenting on my blog! You're the BEST and always make me *smile*! :)

Maureen said...

I love that stamp set but never got it...rats!! I just love how the butterflies are flitting about :) LOVE the button and twine on the ribbon...gorgeous!!! I think we are leaving the flowers until next weekend...the weather still hasn't warmed up enough for me to enjoy being outside :( Oh, my reader showed a post from you "Birds of a Feather" but it doesn't link to a post? Was it a prepost by accident? I wanted to see the close up of the birdie!! (so glad you were able to use it :)

Julie said...

Beautiful, Marisa!! I love what you did with those colors!

Nancy Riley said...

Beautifully done! I love how you went heavy on the Night of Navy/Pretty in Pink - love those two together!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love those dotted butterflies and their dimension! Great job with the colors this week!

♥♥♥Lea

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, this card is so sweet! LOVE those delicate butterflies! :)

ChristineCreations said...

You always do butterflies so well Marisa. This is such a pretty card.

Oh I hope your dinner was a meaningful one...so hard to say goodbye to a friend!

Silli said...

Beautiful card MArisa, love the butterflys and the colors... Very pretty! HUGS

Jodi Collins said...

This is GORGEOUS MArisa! These colors are STUNNING together and I LOVE the layout, the stamps you used and that ribbon!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful and fresh! I like that you used a lot of the white Marisa! This is so springy feeling!
Enjoy the time with friends, summer is just around the corner and you will have more time. Or so we always think. hee hee hugs...

Alex said...

this is beautiful Marisa, the colors are fabulous, and I love the butterflies!!! Your ribbon treatment looks gorgeous with the added button - just a fab card, girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Mary Marsh said...

this is so pretty--love how you worked the colors for the challenge

Crissy Armstrong said...

Oh wow. This is just outstanding. GORGEOUS!! What a genius design! So artistic and pleasing!!!

Shelley said...

Sorry I'm a little behind, Marisa! The first part of your post could have been written by me! I feel exactly the same way! Things are looking up, though!

I love your unconventional colors with this stamp set. I always gravitate towards the earthy colors with this one, but this is so fresh! Love it!

TannyP said...

Those are awesome colors and this challenge was blown out of the water by your creativity. Gorgeous! Your grass is stunning and those butterflies look so lovely...I need to get using those colors! As per the usual, your bow, button & mini bow are PERFECT!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa this is a beautiful take on the color combo!!! You made is look so easy and scerene...I love it!!! Hugs ~S~

Wanda Cullen said...

Ya know...I really wasn't crazy about these colors until I saw your card...it's beautiful and I may just have to CASE it one day! :-)

TrishG said...

Beautiful! Love the butterflies and the colors. Great job.

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous card Marisa.. I love the grass. It looks perfect on this card. So glad to see you got to stamp. It always helps me when I am stressed...Hugs..