Tuesday, June 15, 2010

May Your Life Be Like A Wildflower


I fell in love with this room because I just love using black and white and pink together!  I found this yummy Bo Bunny DP at my LSS and actually bought it for the reverse side, which is black and white, but this side was perfect (gotta love double sided DP).  It's on my list to look for next time I go back! I really do need to start buying more than one sheet of DP at a time when I really like it!

Amber's sketch is so fun this week!  I know I'll be using it again because of its unique layout.  I kept things simple by just outlining everything in black and using some sheer black ribbon and black half pearls to tie everything together.  A Martha Steward butterfly finished things off nicely. 

I just love this Verve sentiment!  I have been drooling over it for some time now and was thrilled when I won the set it belongs to.  There are so many wonderful sayings in this Verve Feel The Sun set!  Can't wait to use more goodies from it!

The kids are getting spinnier and the year end schedule crazier as school draws to a close!  Just fifteen days until school is out, so I 'm trying to squeak in as much stamping time as I can before summer hits and it gets pushed to the wayside more times than not.

Wishing you a fabulous day!


 


What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Feel the Sun
Paper:  Black, Bo Bunny DP, Pretty In Pink
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  5/8" Sheer Black Ribbon, Martha Steward Butterfly Punch, Black Half Pearls, Scalloped Edge Scissors, Dimensionals

11 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

love your take on the inspiration picture and the layout!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SOOOOO pretty Marisa! LOVE this sentiment and the rounded corners!

Maureen said...

this is one of my favourite sayings from one of my favourite sets :) I even love the name of the set "feel the sun." Mmmmm, that's what I wish for all winter long :) Gorgeous paper....agreed!! I usually buy 2 sheets otherwise I wind up with tons because there is always new paper out there. Maybe it's a good thing we don't have a LSS here ;) Love the sheer ribbon :) My kids are getting squirrelly too :( I'm counting by school days!! LOL

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great use of the colors from the room!!

Kathy Martin said...

Love your card! Such a great design and pretty paper! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Oh I just love how your layout turned out on this card Marisa! Such pretty paper!

I know my kids are counting down the days too. Our daughter starts finals tomorrow.

Linda Callahan said...

This really is a unique layout - you did a beautiful job with it!

Wanda Cullen said...

You created such a super card with this layout! I screwed it up 'cause I couldn't find my corner rounder...until now. I have the worst time keeping up with that thing!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is wonderful! Love your take on the ihspiration bedroom. The dp is fantastic for this look! Lovely card!

TrishG said...

Beautiful. Love the sketch. Love the colors you used. Really cute!

TannyP said...

Every card I've seen from this sketch has been just lovely and yours is no exception! Those papers are yummy!