Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Verve June Week 5 Challenge

 
I absolutely LOVE this inspiration picture!!  It gives me warm fuzzies :)  A gorgeous celery green with touches of saffron, kraft and white.  Oh sigh....LOL!  I would have been a young girl in paradise if I had had this room growing up. 

The sketch brought me back to reality as I had to ponder what to do with it.  I decided to use the flowers from the bedspread as my focal point on the card.  Out came my SU jumbo flower punch and the embossing folder Kathy gave me (still loving it, Kathy!!).  Swiss dotted the centers of the flowers, added brads in the corners and called it a card.  Think I should have put some pattern or image in VersaMark on the Kraft panel...may have to go back and change that.  A quick, simple card that will be easy to duplicate in these or other colours.

Off to make an anniversary card for my hubby.  It's our anniversary on July 1st, which also happens to be Canada Day so he can't ever say he forgot our anniversary LOL!

Thanks for popping in today.  You guys are the best (((hugs))).




What's In It?
Paper:  Kraft, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, White
Accessories:  SU Jumbo Flower Punch, Oval and Scalloped Oval Nesties, Swiss Dots and Nat Embossing Folders, Brads,  Dimensionals

10 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy Canada day... We just celebrated too. I forgot to make my hubby a card.. eeks... I had to pull one from my stash.

Your card is amazing.. It is exactly like the photo... Very creative. I love it..

Have a great weekend..

Danni said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Love this card, wonderful colors and I love the texture!

Maureen said...

Oh, you went for that room!!! LOL Love that big flower punch...I'm so tempted to get it :) Mmmm, all the colours look great against the kraft :D My classroom is packed into Tony's cargo trailer waiting to move into my new room on Friday...it took less time than I thought it would...but it helps having a dh this time around with the right vehicles...I moved on my own with just a Jetta the last 2 times. Hey!! I just noticed the new blog!!! LOL Where did you get it or is it one of the new blogger ones? It looks great!!!

Unknown said...

OMG Marisa!! This is SO gorgeous!!!
I absolutely LOVE your card to bits. It's so fresh and so beautifully follows the theme.
(Congratulations on your GDT post)!! Big hugs Viv xxx

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Happy anniversary, Marisa! Love this card - those big white flowers make me grin!

Alex said...

Happy Anniversary Marisa!!! Your card is gorgeous as usual - such pretty colors!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Beth Norman said...

Love those big flowers. You couldn't get any closer of a look to the photo if you tried. Bravo.

Betty Wright said...

Totally fun and fabulous, Marisa! Love your take on the inspiration and how you did it! Great card!

Kathy Jones said...

So bright and fresh and happy and what a fabulous job with both the sketch and the inspiration piece!!! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary and Canada Day! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Happy Anniversary!~And your card is dead on for that inspiration photo - so pretty!