Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love You Not Only For....



Today is another Sweet 'n Sassy Saturday.  I just had to use their Love Sentiments I digi set again because of this sentiment:  "I love you, not only for who you are, but for who I am when I am with you".  My hubby loves me for exactly who I am, warts and all, and makes me want to become all I was meant to be.  He supports me in my endeavours (though he does roll his eyes on occasion when I come down asking for some advice about what looks better on a card LOL!) and has molded and shaped me in ways I never thought possible.  I now push my dresser drawers in all the way if they didn't quite make it on the first try, I clean my house before we leave on any weekend trips or vacations so we come home to a clean house and I have even been known to watch a cooking show with him on a Saturday afternoon (he loves to watch them and get ideas for meals).  He has total trust and confidence in me, knows when to push me and when to let me be, and is my biggest cheerleader.  So, this card was made in honour of his influence in my life :)

I used a modified version of this CPS sketch.  Since the sentiment had a fine script this wonderful, understated DP was perfect as it wouldn't overpower the sentiment.   Then the trouble began LOL!  The top "bumps" of the heart gave me major grief as they were very empty and needed something but not too much.  It took me about 30 minutes to finally settle on the grosgrain with a button.  I'm blaming it on the chlorine fumes that are emanating from my body after a week of swimming laps in the pool...okay, so that's stretching it a bit....more like I'm tired and couldn't make a decision for the life of me LOL!  I'm happy with the final outcome and look forward to giving this to a friend.

Have a fabulous day and I'll be back tomorrow with my Curtain Call card.






What's In It?
Stamps:  Sweet 'n Sassy Love Sentiments I
Paper:  Mellow Moss, Real Red, Heart DP
Accessories:  Heart and Scalloped Heart Nesties, 1/4" Mellow Moss Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, 5/8" Sheer Red Ribbon, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Such a sweet card and quote! :)

Julie said...

So so pretty Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

TOTALLY love the colors used! I like the way you altered the sketch! Wonderful card as always!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is just beautiful! I love the crisp feeling the red heart has against the white/green panels. Very nice! Thanks again for all your encouraging words. Big hugs to you!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a touching card for your DH...sounds like a super guy...especially if he does a lot of the cooking! LOL

Emily Keaton said...

Awww . . . so sweet, Marisa! What a wonderful card for your hubby! I know exactly what you mean about being too tired and not being able to make a decision for the life of you!! I get that way when I'm overly tired, too. I say the swimming *is* responsible--but not the fumes, the exhaustion!!! Can't wait to see your Curtain Call card tomorrow :)

Vicki Burdick said...

Gorgeous card Marisa!!! Love that sentiment!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, what a sweet statement about your hubby and I bet he loved the card!!! The quote and your card is just beautiful!!! See ya tomorrow!!! Hugs ~S~

TrishG said...

Beautiful card! Love the heart and embellishments.

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful! I love how you did the angled ribbon on the heart!

TannyP said...

Just beautiful! I really like the sentiment and how you've made the sketch your own with the nesties =)