Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cherry On Top Award



I was every so pleasantly surprised when Katina (love that name) sent me this wonderful blog award - thank you Katina (((hugs))).  You can check out her wonderful work on her blog, Katina's Cards and Chat.

As part of the award I have do the following:

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award - done, but thank you again for the wonderful surprise,
     Katina,  it made my day :)

2.  Post my award with pride - check.

3.  Think of three things you like about myself:
  • I love to encourage and help people
  • I find great joy in the little things
  • I'm not high maintenance LOL!. 
 4.  Four - post a pic you love.  I just love this picture. It was taken last year when we were on vacation and I can't believe how much my littlle guy has grown since then!  I treasure the moments with my kids while they are at such tender ages and this picture speaks a thousand words to me.  He was so proud and happy to be walking with daddy...oh sigh....the treasures a mother's heart can hold :)



5.  Pass this award to 5 other bloggers - love doing this :)  The wonderful ladies are as follows:
Sorry there is no card today....life has been crazy busy with finishing up swimming lessons, buying school supplies and clothes for school (got some great deals at Old Navy on gift certificates off our Amex points - score!!), and I had an unplanned visit to LensCrafters because my glasses got stepped on by someone at the pool.  I thought they were safe from danger where I put them, but alas they were not....ugh!  However, the good news is I was loooong overdue for some new glasses and I am giddy with glee over the pair I got :D  They are my all time favorite glasses ever!


I'm soooo looking forward to more stamping time in a few weeks.   Horror of horrors, I have actually had to pass on participating in the Verve Forum sketches this month!!  I'm four sketches behind and time has run out.  It's just about killing me to do so, but at this point in time I can't afford the late nights...darn aging thing!!  I'll definitely be here on Sunday with my Curtain Call card though :)

Thanks for listening to my rambles today :)  Don't forget to enter my blogaversary draw here!

10 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Yes.. do treasure them.. every moment. My fourth and final leaves for college in 3 weeks. Time goes by so quickly.

TannyP said...

Awwww! What a sweet picture =) It's so great to have those cherished images - especially for later on in life when you want to strangle them...at least that's what I hear! HAHA

Thanks so much for the award, Marisa!

Andrea Ewen said...

Thanks so much, Marisa...you are such a wonderful person, consistently providing support to all your blogging friends. You will never know how much all your kind words mean! And I'm so thankful that you've passed this wonderful award to me! Have a super non-chlorinated, low-humidity, no-frizz day! How much better could it get? (lol)

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! Thank you so much for thinking about me and giving me this award! Your picture is really amazing, I LOVE those precious moments.

Thank you again and BIG hugs to you today. P.S. Gotta love Old Navy!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How nice! Your photo is a keeper for sure! They just don't stay that fun age for long~~

Dawn B. said...

Congrats on the award.. So deserved.. I love reading your blog and chatting with you. It is always fun to exchange info..:) Have a great week and I look forward to your return and creations.

Benzi said...

Marisa, this is an awesome picture. These are wonderful days...enjoy! Sorry about those glasses but sounds as if all turned out well. Congrats on the award!!!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Congrats and such a sweet picture! :D

Vicki Burdick said...

such a sweet picture Marisa, I can see why it is one of your faves!

Maureen said...

thanks, Marisa!!! very sweet and kind of you :) hope you're having a fun trip and we'll catch up soon...just got back from my out of town conference :)