Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Verve Serenity



Wish I had a serene feeling when I first started this card LOL!  The layout tripped me up a bit to start with as all I could think of was a big present :)  Found a lovely piece of DP in my sloooooowly diminishing Costco DP pack and used it as my launching pad.

I tripped across this serenity prayer as I flipped through my Verve binder and decided it was time to pull it out again as it had been a while since I'd used it.  An Accent Notes thingies was used in the corner and another image of the set was stamped in VersaMark on the rose panel.  Butterflies seem to be the theme for this set of sketches so kept with it and added one in the corner .

Four down and just one to go!  Hope to get it done tonite so I can post it tomorrow and then I can move on to getting the Verve forum sketches done as I'm three weeks behind on those.....a true sign of summer LOL!

Have a fabulous day and thanks for taking a peek at my card today :)




What's In It?

Stamps:  Serenity(Verve), Accent Notes (Verve)
Paper:  Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Costco DP
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Half Pearls, SU Sizzex Butterfly Die, Dimensinals

8 comments:

Maureen said...

LOL, now all I'm thinking about with this one is a big present too!!! LOVE this sentiment and even have it on a tiny piece of paper by my desk at work. It has helped me calm down in crazy situations. Love the little stamped corner accents...amazing how one small addition can make a huge impact :)

Danni said...

Beautiful! Really pretty paper and colors!

Wanda Cullen said...

This is definitely one of the classic sentiments of all time and you've highlighted it beautifully! I think this sketch was my fave out of the five. You've reminded me I'm behind on the mojo and Friday sketch challenges...maybe after work tonight I can burn some midnight oil!

Kristina said...

The sketch totally DOES look like a big present! Now that's all I'm going to see when I look at it, lol. Thanks a lot. ;)

But, no need to worry. Your card is absolutely lovely! I love how you used a big butterfly to replace the small oval. And adding those little corner flourishes... Wonderful! I just might have to steal that idea.

I'm catching up on my VLV sketches as well. I actually just finished photgraphing my second card for this month. So only one more before I catch up. But the new one will probably be posted before I get it done and then I'll just be behind once again. It's a vicious cycle, lol. Oh, well. I'll get there eventually.

Vickie Z said...

You can get it all done!! This sentiment is perfect for my mindframe right now!! Not sure if I have it....need to check!! Loved the card!!

Andrea Ewen said...

True to your wonderfully elegant style, this card is gorgeous! That sentiment is one of my all time favorites, maybe because it's taking so long for me to get it! I know you'll be able to catch up with your cards, it's such a wonderful labor of love!

TannyP said...

Just beautiful! You certainly don't appear to have had any lack of serenity with this card! The butterfly is perfect =)

Kathy Jones said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love this sentiment, the colours are beautiful and love your pearl bodied butterfly!!!