Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Butterflies, Flowers and Dots Oh My


This is Verve's last September challenge and I was in the mood for some bold colours today so this inspiration picture was perfect :)  In addition, I found some ribbon during one of my Micheal's ribbon bin diving adventures that was a perfect match so I was good to go! 

I succumbed to not only one dotted embossing folder but two!  Swiss Dots, my go to embossing folder, and Seeing Spots the large circle embossing folder.  Yes.....my addiction is getting worse LOL!  Not only that, but I also have butterflies and flowers (in the ribbon) on the card.  Happy sigh.....LOL!   Now the ever present waiting and hoping to see your name selected as the winner of the entire next Verve release :)

In the mean time, I get to enjoy wearing my ColorQueen crown for the week as this card was selected as last week's ColorQ winner.  My day just keeps getting better :)

Back tomorrow with my Color Dare card.  I'm much happier with this week's card as I'm still suffering from the butt kicking last week's colours gave me LOL!  Enjoy your day :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  (SU) Flight of the Butterfly, Amuse
Paper:  Going Grey, Basic Black, Real Red
Ink:  Black
Accessories:  Swiss Dots and Seeing Spots Embossing Folders, SU Butterfly Punch, 5/8" Ribbon from Micheal's, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I love how well the butterflies and the ribbon coordinate. xx

Kristina said...

Oh my goodness, that ribbon is so perfect for this card! Butterflies and flower ribbon. My heart is happy as well. They are both such happy images. I really need to get my hands on that seeing spots embossing folder. I am loving it on your card!

Congrats on your ColorQ recognition!

Andrea Ewen said...

OH MY is right! There is no card more stunning than a black, white and red card! Now THESE are the colors I'm talkin' bout! FABULOUS job, Marisa, an absolute stunner! And now you're a September Verve champion! I gotta get caught up, just...one...more...to...go...

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is fabulous! You were truly inspired to include two patterned butterflies. The ribbon is divine! Totally rocked the inspiration picture!

Vicki Burdick said...

This is awesome Marisa!! Love the colors and those butterflies!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

That really is a bold room and your card is a beautiful reflection of it! Great find on the ribbon! I think of you and your bin diving every time I pass our Michael's bins - lol!

Benzi said...

I always love a card with red, black, and white...and, of course, a little gray. LOL It's so gorgeous, Marisa, an what a great ribbon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Bright and sucha happy card!!

Maureen said...

oh, I think I missed this one!! LOVE the pop of red and that ribbon is just too perfect for the room....I can't just see you smiling as you finished this card and took the picture...all your favs :)

Diane Ross said...

what a delightful card!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love the colours and the layout, and that ribbon is fabulous! I really like those 2 embossing folders together as well.