Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Color Curtain Has Fallen, The Color Dare Has Begun




I am delighted to share that I've been selected to be part of the next six month Color Dare Design Team!!  I had such an amazing experience during my six month term with Stacey's Curtain Call Crew that I needed something to fill the void.  Enter, The Colour Dare :)  Every Wednesday a new Color Dare will be posted on The Color Dare blog, and the Design Team will post samples for your inspiration.   This week's Color Dare is as follows:

Color Dare 75

Cherry Cobbler
Pretty in Pink
Garden Green
Very Vanilla


I paired this week's colours with Mercy's Sketch #86 and came up with the above card.  The pink was really throwing me for a loop as the other colours are stereotypical "Christmas colours".  After digging through my stamps, I came across my Sweet 'n Sassy Snow Friends stamp and found the perfect solution to my pink issue - the heart LOL!   Since I don't own any Cherry Cobbler yet, I used Real Red instead.  I glittered the brim of his hat, her ear muff and the snow, though it is quite hard to see in the picture.  I also flipped my button over so you could see more of the black, added a few pearls and it was good to go.

That being said, it took me forever to make this card.  Sheesh!!  It was like having to learn calculus with a brain that doesn't do math LOL!   Think my mojo was having too much fun up in the trees over at the Wild Play course (see prior post) and decided to stay on the Island.  I will definitely need to get back into the swing of things now that the kids are back in school (today is their first full day...happy sigh.....LOL!) so I can shake off the dust and coax my mojo out from the trees and back into my craft room.

The rest of this term's Color Dare team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations  here:

    We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD75.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog, as well as noting two honorable mentions.

    It feels good to be back and blogging.  Hopefully the mojo will come flowing back and I'll have something to show for my first kids-at-school so I get to play day LOL!   Have a great day!




    What's In It?
    Stamps:  Snow Friends (Sweet 'n Sassy)

    Paper:  Real Red, Garden Green, Linen Vanilla
    Ink:  Black
    Accessories:  SU Border Punch, Snowflake Embossing Folder, Twinkling H20s, Aqua Pen, Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Glue Pen, Sparkles, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

    12 comments:

    Princess Scrapper Stamper said...

    This is adorable Marisa!! Your little snowman image was perfect to solve your pink dilemma!!

    I am so thrilled to work with you on the Color Dare DT for the next six months!!

    We are going to have a ton of fun!!

    Hugs & Smiles
    Heather Prince
    aka: Princessheather

    Michelle Woerner said...

    Hey girl! This is cool! I love seeing what you do with color challenges! This card is just darling. I love the single pop of pink. Hugs,

    Shelley said...

    Sweet, girl! Glad you got it! It couldn't have happened to a more talented and wonderful person!

    Love your Christmas card...love those snowmen! Super cute!

    Christina said...

    I love all of the layers and the adorable snow couple! Congrats on being selected for the Color Dare team! I always look forward to your creations.

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Well, congratulations on your big news, Marisa!! I'm excited for you.

    Your card is too cute, and I love how you threw in the pink in that one little heart. That's all you need. (all you need is love....la da da da da)

    Emily Keaton said...

    Congrats on starting your tenure on the Color Dare DT, Marisa!! What exciting news--I know for a fact that you'll do outstanding work:)

    Congrats also on getting the kids back to school full time--and making it thru the summer in one piece. My kids started back for the year yesterday. It's so good to have a routine again!!


    Your card is so sweet! You've gotten a lot of mileage out of that sweet snowman stamp--I just love each and every card you make with it. Great work using the color combo!! Have a great rest of your day--hope you get in some productive (and fun!) stamping.

    Vicki Burdick said...

    Congratulations Marisa!!! So happy for you! Love your cute card with these colors!

    Sue said...

    Congrats on your new starring role Marisa- what perfect timing- you are certainly good for the challenge!! I love this christmas gem you have put together, you must be well on your way for your christmas card stash!! :)

    Benzi said...

    You're a girl after my heart using these snowman images. Just adorable. The Real Red or Cherry Cobbler are perfect for these winter/Christmas scenes. Love the pink heart. Congrats on the new DT position! Way to go!!!!

    Janie Printz said...

    What a sweet little Christmas card. I just LOVE snowmen & you've made this such a cutie with your embellisments & the embossed background.
    Hugs, Janie

    Andrea Ewen said...

    Congratulations Marisa! With your talent, I knew you would not not (?) be on Design Team for very long. Rephrase: I knew you'd be picked up for a Design Team in light speed!
    Great job on this card, I think the pink would have stymied me also, however, that's why your on the DT. Cos you can muddle through those little stymies that come up every once in a while.
    Good luck on your new venture, I'm sure you're going to churn out some wonderful projects!

    Linda Callahan said...

    Hooray - congrats on your new DT! You are a terrific addition to the team! Even though you made a card showing off that four letter word....s-n-o-w.....;-) It's so cute - I am just in denial holding on to the last breath of summer!