Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Color Dare 78



Color Dare 78
Daffodil Delight
Chocolate Chip
Very Vanilla

After getting my butt kicked by last week's colours it was wonderful to be able to play with this week's colours LOL!   Wonderful Fall colours, and where there is Chocolate Chip, I am a happy stamper :)

Out came my October Afternoon DP and to work I went.  I used an OCC sketch that I've been wanting to get to for a while now.  I paired it with, you guessed it, some more of my new Verve!  This sentiment is so wonderful, even though it turned out a bit blurry in the picture - UGH!  It says "May your life be like a wild flower growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day" -- how true!  I over stamped the sentiment with a flower from Verve's Kind Words set  and finished things off with a bow and some half pearls.  Looking at it now, I am very tempted to go back and emboss or put some score lines on the cream panel as it seems a bit plain.  Will have to see what I come up with.

Until then, the rest of the Team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations here:

We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD78.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog, as well as noting two honorable mentions. 




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Kind Words, Feel The Sun
Paper:  So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, October Afternoon DP, Cream Linen
Ink:  So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
Accessories:  Circle and Scalloped Circle Nesties, 5/8" Brown Satin Ribbon, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

19 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Fantastic color dare colors this week--and I can see that you conquered them handily this time around LOL :) I love that sketch you used, and your new Verve is wonderful. Such a pretty card, Marisa!!

Sue said...

beautiful clean and crisp lines, lovely sentiment and what a stunning bow!! :)

Maureen said...

oh, wow, so beautiful with those colours, Marisa :) I am totally loving your ribbons and buttons lately...they are really making me smile...perfect use of pearls as well :) We are still in summer weather here...and heading to Harrison Hot Springs this weekend :)

Glenda J said...

Love the ribbon and the flowers behind the sentiment are perfect! Great work.

jjcreations said...

Your card looks great, Marisa. The layout is wonderful and I loke the two little sets of pearls! I also like the ribbon, button, combo! I never seem to be able to make those things work.....looks great!

TannyP said...

Bows & buttons and beauty - oh my! This is a stunner, Marisa! You rocked the colors and the sketch =)

Me, My Stamps and I said...

love, love those colors!!!!
great ribbon accent!!!!
tfs:)

Renée said...

love the layout and the way you've used these colours, Marisa!

Benzi said...

Marisa, it's beautiful! Love the colors you used. Great sentiment and my life is more like 'wildflowers' today than yesterday. Thankfully.

Linda Callahan said...

These colors are beautiful and so is his card! Love everything about it!

Vickie Z said...

This is beautiful!! Love how you blended the colors. Bow is luscious!! Sentiments by Julee.... perfect!!

Christina said...

This card is perfection, just the way it is! I think the cream panel is a nice place for the eye to rest, given the patterns on the other panels. Love the OA papers and the way you used these colors! Hope I have a chance to play along this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card Marisa! I love all the chocolate chip and the pop of the over-stamped flower is fantastic. And can we talk about that bow?! To die for!! :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Marisa!! I so love the colors and your take on the sketch!! The over stamping and your design is beautiful!

Kristina said...

Absolutely lovely! I hear you on the Chocolate Chip... It may be my singlemost favorite color of all time. It just looks wonderful with everything. :)

I love the little pearl touches in the corners, and that BOW! Wowza! Gorgeous! Beautifully done, in colors and sketch.

It's so funny you mentioned your friend that goes outdoors during storms. As soon as I finished typing up my blog post, I quickly shut down my computer and went outside in my backyard to watch! lol

We had some CRAZY thunder and lightning for about 20 minutes. Big booms and huge lightning bolts. I used to do the same thing growing up in the mountains. Whenever we had a summer monsoon, I would always go onto our front porch and sit in the porch swing to watch and listen. I'm just in constant awe of nature... Particularly weather.

Auditing a class... Now there's a fun thought! I might just need to do some investigating and see what's out there for me to partake of! Thanks for the spark of inspiration!

Dawn B. said...

These are such pretty fall colors. I LOVE October Afternoon. If I never had to use another dp I would be perfectly happy.. Your ribbon is the a great embellishment..

Anonymous said...

Utterly stunning, Marisa. The colours are amazing together and I love that sketch layout.

Stacy Morgan said...

Crisp and classy, I like this! I replied to your email with some ideas. Hope you got it okay.

Kathy Jones said...

Bright, sunny and gorgeous Marisa!!!! Love the colours, fabulous job with the sketch and love the pearls and button!!!!