Saturday, September 18, 2010

ColorQing My New Verve Flowers



Sorry about the picture.  I had to do an indoor picture and didn't  have much time to take the picture so it's a lot on the green side LOL!  Will redo it in the morning.

Mercy provided yet another wonderful sketch and I decided to combine it with this week's ColorQ50I'm not totally sold on this card...the white needed something as it is a bit stark. My mind is saying I should have embossed the white background panel (yes, Swiss Dots came to mind, or at least some sort of pattern) and then stamping something on the celery panel rather than embossing it.  That's what happens when you are in a hurry.  May have to go back and change it up tomorrow LOL! 

I flipped the sketch so I could use more of my new Verve flowers....happy "sighs" continue LOL!  This time I cut and layered the flowers from the Dream Big set.  The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory.

Have a great Sunday!  I'm off to keep playing with my new Verve - hope you don't get sick of it!





What's In It?

Stamps:  (Verve) Dream Big, (SU) Fancy Flexible Phrases
Paper:  Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery, Real Red, Only Orange
Ink:  Certainly Celeary, Real Red, Black
Accessories:  Circle Nesties, Seeing Sports Embossing Folder, SU Border Punch, Button, Red Satin Ribbon, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! I love the bold colours and how could anyone get sick of the flowers! xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Marisa. I love the colours. I really like the flower too! I definitely won't get sick of seeing your Verve flowers, so keep them coming!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, Marissa! Beautiful images as well. Thanks for playing the CQC this week!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very nice card - I do miss the window photo though - lol

Jodi Collins said...

I absolutely LOVE this Marisa!!! GORGEOUSNESS!

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! That black circle frame is the perfect backdrop for this cutie flower! Hugs,

Vickie Z said...

Good job with the sketch!! I like the embossed green but, I also use the "swiss dots" as a go to alot!! Your inside pic is a lot better than mine!!

Dawn B. said...

You are so good at these challenges.. I am loving that color challenge.. Your layout works so nicely with this set.. Don't ya just love new things..:)

Andrea Ewen said...

We could never get sick of Verve or green :) so no problem here. Marvelous job with the color sketch, that looks like a difficult one...glad it's you and not me. So it looks to me like those Verve stamps were definitely worth the wait!

Kathy Jones said...

Oooooh, loving the new flowers Marisa! Great job with the sketch - I really loved this one too!!!

Sue said...

love how you have turned the sketch around, you have used all the colours beautifully! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like how you turned the sketch around, too. And how you popped up that pretty Verve flower. I have never used a Verve stamp; so they're pretty wonderful, huh? I may have to go check it out. :)