Friday, September 10, 2010

Colour Q Happy Birthday



This week's Colour Q colours couldn't have come at a better time.  Yesterday was my hubby's birthday and these were the perfect colours for a masculine birthday card - score!! I had to do a bit of substituting, but I think it worked out great.

I paired the colours with Card Patterns Sketch 80 and kept things rather simple as my hubby is a simple kind of guy.  It's a bit hard to see, but the Navy background has VersaMarked stars on it from one of the stamps in the Background Basic (SU) set.  I also got to try out my new PTI scalloped die and just love it - that is after figuring out that the scallops on the die aren't flush with the top of the die when you use it (insert - redo of scallops LOL!).   Crimped the white panel for some texture, added some twine, stars and a button to keep things masculine and used this wonderful Verve Happy Birthday stamp.  I think hubby will enjoy his card.

We are celebrating all the family's September birthdays this weekend so now I have to get a card done for my daughter and sister-in-law!  Back to my stamps I go - oh darn LOL!

Enjoy your weekend!!






What's In It?

Stamps:  Verve Happy Birthday Plain Jane, (SU) Background Basics
Paper:  Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Two Unknown Blues, White
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:   PTI Medium Scalloped Die, Star Punch, Crimper, Twine, Button, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card for your hubby, Marisa - classy but perfect for a guy. I bet he loved it! (If you get a moment, pop over to my blog as there is a little something there for you!)

Maureen said...

Hi Marisa,

I'm a little behind on comments...spending 10 hour days at work and then home just in time for a late dinner and bed...but I have a very sweet class and fabulous staff and the parents are giving me space :)

so I haven't said congrats on your new design team...sounds like you like doing that...they are great challenges...especially under pressure. Loved your Mojo card...the black and white/cream look stunning :) I'm sure your husband loved this one too....if he's like Tony, he loves that it's handmade :) TGIF!!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

Great job on these challenges! I really didn't like this week's sketch, but you have done fabulously with those stars!! Great crisp feeling on this-I am sure your DH loved it. Hugs to you!

Emily Keaton said...

I played both of these challenges this week, too, and had fun with both!! I agree that the ColourQ colors are perfect for masculine cards. Yours turned out super. I'm sure your DH will just love it :) Have fun stamping!

Monique said...

Great masculine card for your hubby Marisa... Have a great weekend :)

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous! Love all the blue you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

Wanda Cullen said...

What a birthday bonanza in your family this month! For us it's April and June. Love your CAS masculine card in these colors! Wonder if your new Verve has arrived yet...Do I have to check the paper for Mr. Brown's obituary? LOL

Beebeebabs said...

Very pretty card tfs!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marisa, love your take on the sketch and the colors!!! Awesome birthday card!!! Hugs ~S~

PS Congrats on your new designer gig...we'll be back to check it out :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome job with the sketch and what a perfect "boy" card! Looks like you've aced not only the sketch but the color challenge as well! Sheeeeee's Baaaackkkkkk!!!

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful birthday card, Marissa! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Stacy Morgan said...

See.. simple and cute! Perfect