Saturday, September 25, 2010

Dream Big Pals



This was a fun Pals Paper Arts sketch so I thought I would give it a go. Still playing with my new Verve flowers and loving them :)

Kept things pretty simple for this card. I used the Act 48 Curtain Call colours (and just realized I missed the submission deadline again!) as they were wonderful flower colours and there was green for the stems LOL!    I popped up the middle flower and added buttons to the centers.  Had to look high and low for a purple button, and this was the best I could do.  It' a very dark purple which almost looks black, but it is purple, I promise!  My purple issues continued when I realized I didn't have matching ribbon so I had to go with this one instead.  The sentiment panel is in lieu of the circle and a few black half pearls around it added a little "oomph".

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!  Thanks for sharing a part of yours with me (((hugs)))





What's In It?

Stamps:  (Verve) Dream Big
Paper:  Wild Wasabi, Only Orange
Ink:  Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Buttons, Twine, Glue Dots, Half pearls, Ribbon, Dimensionals

17 comments:

Laurel said...

Beautiful, great job with the color challenge!

Maureen said...

super fun flowers!!! love the layering and buttons :) Good to see you're getting them all brown!! LOL We have a semi-sunny morning...I'm off to the gym and then to do some major clothes changeover in the closet...I have shoe boxes EVERYWHERE!!!! I never have an easy time with these cold mornings and warm afternoons...

Danni said...

Love this!! So bright and happy! Makes me smile!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this card made me sigh! Awesome blend of the colors and the layered flowers are fabulous! Fantastic card!

Linda Callahan said...

These flowers are wonderful - so bright and beautiful against the white! The colors work perfectly with your design! So you were a bit late - think of yourself as the encore :) Thanks for sharing your card at PPA!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, I just LOVE the colors on this, Marisa!! You did a super job using these bright, fun colors. And those layered flowers are just FAB!! I really like those a lot--new Verve goodies, eh?? I can understand now why they were so eagerly awaited!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a sweet and joyful card! Those wonderful fun flowers were the perfect way to use the colors. Love that sketch, too.

Monique said...

Just stunning Marisa... Your flowers are so bright and cheerful. Love the buttons :) Hope your having a great weekend!!

Holly aka Toy said...

Well look at you bringing a little spring back! How bright and cheery, Marisa :). I always love the crispness of your cards. HUGS!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful! I love the colors...they "pop" perfectly against the white! The texture provides a wonderful background layer! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Renée said...

LOVE those flowers, Marisa! The buttons and thread look fab!

Wanda Cullen said...

Marisa, your row of posies are just delightful! Don't ya just love all of Julee's new flowers?!

Dawn B. said...

Great layered flowers.. I like that you varied the images.. This is really pretty..

Vicki Dutcher said...

I used this sketch too! What a terrific card! Love the flowers!

Stampin' Diva said...

The flowers are so beautiful. Glad you made the PPA deadline, as I love your take on the sketch. Thanks so much for playing with us @ PPA!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You have such a nice style, Marisa. It really shows on most every card you do. Clean lines, a bit of colors popping here and there...always a beautiful end result.

And by the way: congrats on being a Colour Queen today!!

Benzi said...

Love it! Those flowers look as they are saying, "Look at me, I'm beautiful". Great card, Marisa!