Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fabulous Just The Way You Are



What a fun CAS sketch, and a great one to be able to create a background panel with.

Since my Verve stamps were still out on my desk, I just had to use them again LOL!  This is my all time favorite release by Julee and I am still madly in love with all these fabulous Verve flowers (just in case you hadn't noticed) as well as the wonderful sentiments that go with the sets.

Out came Great Friend, and I used the smallest flower outline image to make the background panel using last week's Curtain Call colours as they are fabulous flower colours.  I mated the flower panel in black and carried it over to the black scallops down the side (love those PTI scallop dies!).  I embossed the white background panel with the Nat embossing folder Kathy Jones sent me (still loving it,  Kathy - thanks again!) and the sentiment is from Love's Bloom (another fabulous Verve font).  I scalloped the ends of the sentiment panel so they tied in with the side scallops, added some black half pearls on a few of the flowers and finished things off with a red butterfly for a pop of colour.

Have another idea peculating in my mind for this layout and hope to be able to get to it today :)  However, my craft room desperately needs some clean up first - oh the chores one must do in order to be able to stamp LOL!   Have a fabulous day!




What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Great Friend and Love's Bloom
Paper:  Black, White
Ink:  Lovely Lilac, Only Orange, Real Red, Old Olive
Accessories:  PTI Large Scalloped Die, Scalloped Scissors, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Half pearls, Nat Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Maris, this is a beautiful take on the Sketch. Love the randomly stamped flowers!!! Hugs ~S~

Christina said...

Wow, Marisa, this one is Fabulous, just like the sentiment! I totally LOVE your stamped bg in these colors, and the black mats and scallops really pull it all together.

Maureen said...

loving all the scallops and those colourful blossoms :) I had to use Great Friend last night too for the VLV sketch this week. Are yours dark brown now? :) Sweet little butterfly is always the perfect finishing touch :)

Vickie Z said...

Love those colorful flowers!! Adding the pearls to the center of a few is a perfect touch!!

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful colors and such a cool sketch. I love the BG you made with your Verve flowers. Such a beauty :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Now that you FINALLY got your Verve goodies, I'm SO enjoying seeing all your gorgeous creations! This set is great to create a colorful BG! P.S. You asked earlier what car my daughter bought...she got a 2005 Honda Element - you know...a toaster on wheels - lol! It's red/black and perfect for her to haul her big dog, bike, inflatable boat, etc.

Renée said...

This is GORGEOUS, Marisa! Love the colours and embossing!

I haven't checked out the latest Verve release yet, I'll be sure to do that!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Marisa.. I love the colors you chose for your flowers.. They flow nicely.. This is a great layout.. I love it.. Have a super day..

Krista said...

Very pretty !!

ChristineCreations said...

The flowers stamped like this is perfect for the sketch...and so pretty too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Okay, first: awwww, you lucky duck! You've got that embossing folder that I want and they don't sell here! Hey, send it down here when you don't like it anymore. ;)

Second: what a great card! The bit of color on the black and white, and with that sketch: it's terrific!

Stacy Morgan said...

Colorful flower garden, great job with the sketch.

Benzi said...

Where have I been? Thought I had commented on all these cards..maybe on SCS. I getting plenty of eye candy going through your gallery. This is another awesome card, Marisa.

Glenda J said...

Stunning! Great colours!