Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Inspired October Afternoon


I was so excited when I saw this inspiration picture because I had just bought this wonderful October Afternoon DP and it was a perfect match :)  I paired it with some blue I had which doesn't quite match (looks much better in real life), and VersaMarked some polka dots on it with my SU background stamp.  My sentiment panel is matted with Night of Navy as it matched the insides of the flowers on the DP.

I added some saffron ribbon with a turquoise button which I got from Maureen's blog candy win - thank you, Maureen, it was a perfect match :)  I also love how Maureen adds a bit of bling by her sentiments so decided to add some to mine for that little something extra.  Now I'm just one sketch behind, that is if I get the third week done before Friday LOL!

My "mommy time" (aka "me time", aka "introvert time") is working wonders...oh sigh...LOL!  I'm feeling so much more refreshed and energetic than I was at the end of summer, and after this week I'm sure my tank will be full and all will be well in the world :)

Lots of other challenges I want to get to this week so I'm off to play :)  Thanks for taking the time to pop in and visit today :)





What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Phil 4:13, (SU) Polka Dot Background Stamp
Paper:  October Afternoon DP, Night of Navy, Blue, White
Ink:  Black, Versa Mark
Accessories:  5/8" Saffron Satin ribbon, Button, White Twine, Glue Dot, Bling, Dimensionals

13 comments:

Maureen said...

oh, love me some OA paper :) Perfect for that photo...agreed :) So glad you are able to use some of the blog candy..it can be a hit a miss at times. Adorable bling...doesn't it just add the best little detail? Are your stamps there yet? ACK!!! Glad you are getting some Marisa time in...good for the soul.

TrishG said...

Beautiful layout! This card looks great.

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO beautiful Marisa! LOVE this!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful card Marisa! I love the paper, and the bling by the sentiment works so well! I love your description of 'introvert' time - I know exactly what you mean, lol!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! This is perfect for that insp photo! How fun you won Moe's blog candy -I love blog candy!! Big hugs,

Benzi said...

Wow! Your dp sure did match your inspiration. Beautiful card and a wonderful verse!

Vickie Z said...

Great with the inspiration pic!! Yes, my blog is really, really new- feel like I need "blogger for dummies" LOL!! Bling is perfect!! Glad you are getting some stamp time again!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

so pretty! Great colors and papers!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, that dp does match that inspiration picture perfectly! Wonderful scripture and the ribbon with button accenting is perfection! Lovely card! YES....mommy time is a requirement! Good for you!

Julie said...

Oh wow Marisa, that paper is perfect!!! Great job on this.

Dawn B. said...

Those were meant to be... What a perfect match. I can't believe that.. Your card is perfect. So glad you are enjoying your ME time..:)

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous colors, Marisa!! I love how you used that beautiful verse as your focal point. Glad that you are getting your "tank" refilled!! You've been making some *gorgeous* projects :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Now that paper is a PERFECT match for that IC. How cool did that work out. I need to keep this scripture in front of me at all times, I love it.