Sunday, September 12, 2010

VLV September Week 1 Sketch


I chose this inspiration room because I had some DP that had white and purple strips and thought it would work perfectly as it coordinates with the striped bedding and wall.  I know there is no green in the inspiration photo, but the DP had some so it got included.  Hope it passes the challenge police inspection LOL!

The Celery green in the DP was a wonderful springboard to work from.  The lower portion of the Serenity leaf image became my flower stems (just inked up the bottom part of the stamp), and the flowers are made from punches and popped up.  Black became my accent colour because there was a bit of black on the top shelf in the picture - yeah!!  Had to pull out my Swiss Dots embossing folder to add some dimension as I haven't used it recently - for me anyway - and winged it with the border punch on the corners.

The two circles on the side of the sketch gave me a bit of grief so I added some half pearls to each side in lieu hoping to dodge the challenge police yet again - gotta live on the edge I say LOL!  A little black butterfly finished things off perfectly.  For some reason, I just love this card.  Always nice when your own card makes you smile :)

Monday begins our first full week of school.  Body clocks, sleep times, extracurricular activities, and everyone's schedules are basically in place so we should have smooth sailing from here on in.  And yes, I am loving my mommy time :)  Have a great day!





What's In It?
Stamps:  (Verve) Serentiy
Paper; Certainly Celery, Costco DP Pack, Purples, White 
Ink:  Certainly Celery
Accessories:  Swiss Dots Embossing Folder. SU Border Punch, Marvy Flower Punches, Martha Steward Butterfly Punch, Black and White Half Pearls, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Sweet card! LOVE the itty bitty black butterfly and black brads! :)

Maureen said...

I love seeing the inspiration room beside the card...you can really see how you were inspired by it...perfect dp for it and green is almost a neutral...I'm sure the police won't be coming by soon ;) I too am enjoying some "moe" time this weekend despite cleaning the house and running errands and planning meals for the upcoming week. I have two cards in my head for today...hope they look as nice on paper!! LOL Have a great start to the week :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning Marissa! I love your style so much xx

Andrea Ewen said...

Are you loving 'mommy' time or is it 'me' time...I think your 'mommy' is code for 'me', if you ask me (huh?) It's straight in my head...
Love this adorable sketch, the colors are absolutely brilliant and I love that SU border framing your image panel. Just lovely!
And BTW, there's green on the shrub out the window so you're safe with the color police this week :D

Christina said...

Very pretty, Marisa! I love the touches of black, the punched border on the frame, and the cute flowers!

TannyP said...

This is an abosolute beauty! Love those colors and the perfect execution of the challenge. Simply gorgeous, Marisa! =) Those swiss dots are calling me. Have you got your new Verve yet? I'm praying it arrives - for the Canada Post person's sake!
Thanks for checking out my pics and your sweet comments. Always so encouraging =)

Silke Ledlow said...

Love your purple card Marisa!!! Awesome take on the IC-picture!!! Hugs ~S~

Emily Keaton said...

So beautiful, Marisa!! I love your purple and celery card!! And I totally say that celery is fine--there is, too, green in your inspiration photo!! (green leaves on the trees out the window, green shirt on the framed bunny picture, and I'm pretty sure on of those books on the dress has a green spine LOL!!!)

Everything about this card is absolutely lovely and serene. No wonder it is making you smile:)

Taxi driver again? Ja, for sure!! But we are really close to both of our kids' schools, so we make a point of walking. In fact, I'm switching off with another mom in our neighborhood walking our elementary school kids to school in the a.m. so she can get a head start to the gym on the days that I walk the kids and I can get a head start on my freelance work on the days she walks them. So glad we have that "it takes a village" thing going on :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

You really looked carefully at that inspiration photo to create your card. I didn't see that black stuff up on the top shelf! (not that I thought there shouldn't be black on your card; I always think that's a great accent). Besides the colors you pulled from the room, I like that you picked striped paper because of the striped bedspread and those linear drawers.
Great job!

Stacy Morgan said...

So so pretty! the purple and white are always fabo together and that is one purple room. hee hee
YEA... School but sad at the same time. The mommy time will be nice and then once summer comes its great to have the kids home again. A bitter sweet I always think. Enjoy the new found time again. :0)

Vickie Z said...

Glad you are finding time to yourself and stamping!! It is "good for the soul"!! Honestly, the green out the window {Andrea saw it!!!} brings your green in to play and anyway the card is perfect for the inspiration pic!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Love this pretty card Marissa! The colors are so pretty and the black accents!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is a beautifully inspired card. Love the sweet and fresh feel to it.

TrishG said...

This is so great and cheerful! Love it all!