Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Color Dare 90


Color Dare 90
Pink Pirouette
Baja Breeze
Rich Razzleberry
Very Vanilla

I paired this week's colours with last week's Card Pattern's sketch.  I'm not sold on the card, but think it may have to do with the fact I had to use Pretty in Pink instead of Pink Pirouette as I didn't have any and the pink I used was a bit too strong for this colour combo.  That will teach me not to have all the colours in stock LOL!

I went with another non-Christmas card, and since I haven't used my butterfly die for some time, out it came (still madly addicted to this die!).  The pink butterfly has a double pattern on it as I tried one embossing folder and didn't like it so ran it through the Swiss Dots one to match the vanilla dotted panel and thus the double pattern.  Thought the look was unique so kept it :)

The card seemed a bit "blah" to me, so I added a few black accents to perk things up a bit and it's sitting a bit better with me now :)   

The rest of the Team has lots of inspiration for you.  You can check out their creations here:

We'd love you to join us!  Simply create a card using this week's colours and add your card to InLinkz on the The Colour Dare Blog.  If  you are uploading to a public gallery, please make sure to use the keyword CD90.   Each week, Riley will select a Featured Stamper and showcase your card on her blog.



What's In It?
Stamps: Amuse
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Cream Linen, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Black
Accessories: SU Sizzex Butterfly Die, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, SU Border Punch, 1/4" Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

20 comments:

TannyP said...

I think it's lovely! Your perfect use of the swiss dots and butterflies always makes me smile and this one soooo works!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Marisa! The big butterfly is awesome! Hugs ~S~

Julia Aston said...

What a bright pretty card! love the wonderful butterfly and embossed dots!

Emily Keaton said...

These colors are gorgeous, Marisa! I think you did a fine job with them. I'm looking forward to cardmaking in the life after Christmas!! And your pretty card is getting me in the mood. :)

Glenda J said...

Lovely! Your layered butterflies are fabulous!

Maureen said...

aw, a sweet butterfly!! Snowflakes are my winter addiction like the butterflies in Spring. Love how you've embossed it :) The little pearls are the perfect touch :) Hugs! Have a great day :)

Christina said...

LOVE that big double butterfly! You were right about the black accents, too, I think they add a nice contrast that balances the whole design. Maybe I'll tackle this color combo if I have time!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet and pretty!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Marisa. I just love your use of colors and your take on the sketch. So pretty with the butterfly!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is beautiful! I really love the double embossed look on the top butterfly...great effect that one. Also, who makes that butterfly die cut? Lovely card!

Wanda Cullen said...

Refreshing to see a butterfly card with springy colors on such a cold, snowy day! Think we got 4 to 5 inches today. I sent you a PM about your question on tabs. Hope it helps.

Kathy Martin said...

Pretty card...great embossing! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Marisa.. I love these dies too.. You always do such a great job with them..

Benzi said...

Love that big butterfly and I see some Rich Razzleberry and that is a winner with me. Love it and your card.

Nance Leedy said...

So pretty Marisa! I love the double embossing on the pink butterfly and I adore the little black pearls on the scallop trim! Great job with this week's colors.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Happy to see a butterfly, instead of a snowflake, for a nice change. Not that Christmas cards bug me...I really love them, but it's just nice to see something different!

Lynn Put said...

This is lovely Marisa! I love the pretty embossed butterfly!

Stacy Morgan said...

I just love this butterfly and you do such wonderful colors with them. Very pretty.

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply beautiful! Love the colors and your great interpretation of the sketch. That butterfly is darling and your style is so consistently clean and AMAZING!

Shelley said...

OMGosh...I am behind! When we chatted yesterday this was the card I was talking about. I kept running across it, either on Reader or ??? Guess I REALLY need to get up to speed!

Anyway, it's a beauty! Reminds me that spring is just around the corner!