Sunday, December 5, 2010

Verve Project Parade Triple Play Part II


I had so much fun making the mailbox for my daughter's student teacher I had to make a few more.  I have several friends who are elementary school teachers so these will definitely come in handy :)   They are also going to be an entry in Verve's Triple Play Project Parade

I kept the design the same for all of them, just switched up the DPs and colours on each one.  Had a ball making them and wish I had a few more so I could dole them out to a few more teachers or moms with small kids.

However, the fun ended when I had to try to take a picture of all three of them at once. As you can see, I ended up using the light box again as my windowsill could not accommodate three of them at one time without a major structural engineering feat in order to get a photo platform LOL.  I tried my best to show you as much of the mailboxes as I could, and thought I had mastered it, but just noticed the one on the right wasn't angled properly so it got cut off a bit - ugh. It has the same design as the other two on the side, just used different colours. The finishing tough was a snowflake added to both sides of each mailbox "flag" :)

Thanks for coming by today :)  Have a fabulous Sunday!




What's In It?
Paper:  Echo Park, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, 
Accessories:  Circle and Label 16 Nesties, SU Border Punch, Martha Stewart Snowflake Punch, Half Pearls, 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Double Sided Sticky Tape, Glue Dots, Dimensinoals

26 comments:

Sue said...

these are stunning Marisa!! what a unique gift for teachers! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Marisa, these are DARLING!! What a great idea!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Squeal! These are cute, cute, CUTE!!

LesleyfromWI said...

These mailboxes are adorable!

Tanya said...

I loved your first one! These are adorable!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

these are so darn cute, Marisa!!!!
perfectly wonderful designs!!!!!
tfs:)

Maureen said...

these are too adorable, Marisa :) I love how they have the side wooden bar that goes up too. I have my project done as well, although I don't think I can win as I've already been a Guest Designer...oh well, I still had fun and I can give the project away as a gift!! LOL Thanks for the encouragement about Stacey's curtain call...I hope it wasn't just because no one else wanted to take December, being such a busy month :) enjoy your Sunday :)

Danni said...

How cute and fun!

Monika/Buzsy said...

These are fabulous Marisa. Love the blue with the touch of red... great papers, punches, dies. I haven't made one of these for ages... have to see if I have one stashed somewhere. :o)

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, these mail boxes are sooooooo super cute! What a creative and fun idea. :)

Wanda Cullen said...

These mailboxes are all so adorable! Great triple play project!

Dawn B. said...

These are such a great teacher's gift. I have one in the deep dark crevices of my basement..Need to dig it out.. Great job.

Vickie Z said...

Adorable and perfect for teachers with young kids!! I can just picture my girls asking me to make cards/requests for Santa or telling me about it!!

Nance Leedy said...

Oh Marisa, these are darling! I love all the papers and the finishing snowflake touch! What a cute gift.

Emily Keaton said...

Marisa, these mailboxes are amazing! What a terrific triple play. Your friends are going to adore these!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh! How totally cute! Thanks for the reminder that I have a few of these somewhere(in boxes). Love what you've done!

ChristineCreations said...

You did these beautifully Marisa! What a sweet and fun gift for the teachers and the classrooms!

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Marisa, these are awesome! They would make a great project also for Valentine's day for your kids to keep all of their valentines in! These look like they took a lot of time, so well crafted and super coordinated! Hmm, I'll have to ponder these over my toothbrush tomorrow...I'll keep you posted...BTW, I definitely think you should be the next Verve guest designer!

Vicki Burdick said...

These are adorable Marisa!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What fun mailboxes Marissa!! The teachers will love them.

dj said...

love these darling little mailboxes!! so so very cute!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

More sweet little mailboxes! These are just darling!

Benzi said...

These are just wonderful, Marisa, and I'm sure the lucky recipients will be delighted.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Marisa - amazing - cute cute cute! What a perfect gift for anyone!

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, these are wonderful! Fabulous colors and designs! Awesome Christmas gifts! I feel your pain about the photo shoot! Sometimes that is the hardest part! This looks great, though!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such cute gifts for the teachers! I am sure they will love 'em.