Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yet Another Valentine's Day Card


Loved this sketch by Create with Connie and Mary from a week or so ago and turned it into another Valentine's Day card.  Don't worry, I'm almost done now LOL!  I have always loved hearts so Valentine's Day cards have always been one of my favorite type of cards to create.  This one was no exception.

Wanted to keep things on the clean and simple side and am happy with the result.  I experimented with crimping the heart to see what it would look like and I love it (okay...it's official.....my crimper has become my newest addiction LOL!).  The crimping adds some wonderful texture and depth to the heart and helps it stand out against the embossed hearts panel.  A little button with some silver twine was my finishing touch.   Nice and easy and I like it.  Think this may end up being my daughter's card as she's a pink, pink girl and very feminine (unlike her mother LOL!).

Have a fabulous day and don't forget to tell those near and dear to you that you love them.  It will make their day.






What's In It?
Stamps: None
Paper: Pretty in Pink, White
Ink: None
Accessories: Blocked Hearts Embossing Folder, Lacey Square Nesties, Marvy Heart Punch, Crimper, 5/8" Sheer Silver Ribbon,  Silver Half Pearls, Button, Silver Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals


15 comments:

Lou Mac said...

This is gorgeous - so clean and elegant. Lovely.

Lou Mac. xo

Christina said...

This is so sweet, Marisa. Love the pink and silver and your crimped heart. The embossed hearts are fabulous, too!

Wanda Cullen said...

I love this! It allows that wonderful embossed BG to show so much!

Vickie Z said...

Love all your hearts embossed and crinkled!! You are making me want the square lacey nesties!! Colors are perfect!!

Bonnie said...

I love the soft pink of this with the crimped heart, embossed background and bit of silver!

Maureen said...

love that embossing :) So many blingy details that are making me smile :) That's one thing about V-Day cards...they are girly, girly and I love it! Picked up some ms felt flowers and more blinged out ribbon in red and purple :) Trying to teach myself how to make zipper flowers via You Tube...watch me go to Kelowna and the LSS and see them already made...oh well...I need a new skill :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome! THe texture on the heart is perfect and great CAS style Marisa.

Emily Keaton said...

I Spy another crimped heart!! What a gorgeous Valentine card, Marisa. I love that touch of gray/silver with your ribbon. It really softens this up!

Debbie Carriere said...

Love this card. I love the embossing & the soft colors. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Quilting with Jannette said...

What an elegant card, and still so CAS!

jjcreations said...

Marisa, this is gorgeous. Love all of the elements

Linda Callahan said...

That silvery gray ribbon is gorgeous with the white and pink!

Unknown said...

Hi Marisa, very clean, simple and elegant.Love that embossing.Very gorgeous :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

So CAS, lots of wonderful, white textured space. Good job on the sketch!

Benzi said...

Sure do like that crimped heart. Beautiful card and the sketch is great. Shows off your pretty ribbon really well.