Friday, March 11, 2011

Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #61



Keesh has designed and other wonderful sketch this week and I combined it with a Color Throwdown challenge from a few weeks back that I had wanted to play along with but didn't have the time to.  Love both of these challenges and think I'll use them both again in the future :)

My longing for Spring continues so out came my SU butterfly die - still love it as much as I did when I first got it!  I paired it with the Martha Stewart Daisy border punch - flowers and butterflies just go together LOL!

The brown panel has French Script VersaMarked on it but doesn't show up too well in the picture, sorry!  Added lots of half pearls, maybe even a few too many... but I couldn't come up with anything else in lieu of the white ones on the brown panel.  Any comments and/or ideas are welcome : )   In hindsight, I'm thinking I should have done some piercing around the scalloped circle to add a little something to all that white. Think I"ll go back and give it a try.  Sorry to not have had the time to do it and rephotograph and post it for today...life is still crazy busy

Enough of my woes LOL!  The Design Team has some fabulous cards for your inspiration.  



Cindy
Kirsty
Makeesha
Renée
Brandi
Carrie
Helen
Ilina
Lee-Anne
Marisa


In addition, each week Keesh will select a winner and an honorable mention and post their cards on the Inkspirations Challenge blog.  We'd love to have you come and play along :).

Hoping...fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes crossed...that I'll have my job for hubby all finished up this weekend so I can play, play, play in my stamp room next week, especially in lieu of the fact that the last two weeks of March the kids have their Spring Break, which means we are out and about doing things.  Maybe I should just aim for April...NOT!!

Take care and hope to be back very soon :)




What's In It?
Stamps:  (SU) French Script
Paper: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Early Espresso,  Kraft
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Stampin' Up Sizzex Butterfly Die, Martha Stewart Daisy Border Punch, Crimper, Half Pearls, DImensionals

29 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Such pretty details on this card Marisa! I love the combination of the border punch and the crimped strip!

Benzi said...

For sure, flowers and butterflies go together. What a lovely card, Marisa. I really like that border punch...really jazzed up your pretty card.

Maureen said...

oh, this is springy!! Love all the pearls and I think they work...the card is so pretty as is...again, so many options, right? Maybe the lacy circles die? With some kind of soft pattern paper in the center? But something subtle because that gorgeous butterfly needs to be front and center like you have it :) I hope all gets wrapped up soon...I say go for the VLV challenges and use the same papers, etc...make them like a match set :) You've seen my sketch soooo many times on my blog, I'm sure you have something in your brain for it!! LOL hugs,
off to see another kitchen place today and then the curling playoffs :)

jjcreations said...

Marisa this is gorgeous. I love that flower border...awesome card.

Vickie Z said...

Love the flower border with all those pearls!!! The butterfly is one of my favs too. I think the white circle looks good!!

Christina said...

That butterfly is such a beauty, and it pairs wonderfully with the daisy punch! Can you believe I have yet to ink up my French Script? Must right that wrong immediately! Beautiful card, Marisa!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Marisa! I love the daisy border and I think the pearls look lovely. Is that ribbon across the centre? How on earth do you get the ruffles so neat?! x

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty Marisa, love how you used that border punch!!

Danni said...

I love this!! Love everything about it!

Dawn Easton said...

Marisa, this is so pretty! LOVE that butterfly die! Beautiful!

Amy Sheffer said...

So gorgeous, Marisa! Love what you did with those colors!! The yellow punched border is so pretty and the script background is such a nice, subtle touch!

Renée said...

ahhh yes ... spring. Doesn't exist here. Got snow today :)

Beautiful card, Marisa! Love the border punch/trim!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Marisa. That flower punch is awesome.

Wanda Cullen said...

OMGoodness, this is gorgeous! That punched strip with the crimped center is a great detail!

Emily Keaton said...

A gorgeous card for those gorgeous colors. Can't wait to see real-thing butterflies!! So good to see you and your lovely creation today, Marisa!!

Nance Leedy said...

Beautiful card, Marisa! I love your use of the CTD colors and the new Inkspirations layout is a great one! Love that daisy border punch and the brown embossed BG. Lovely!

Vicki Dutcher said...

HI! Haven't been by for a while -- again! Your timing is awesome I have this punch and had NO IDEA how to use it -thanks for the inspiration my friend! Wonderful job with this fun sketch!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Beautiful Card...love the punched strip detail. TFS! Heidi

Susan (rainy) said...

First time I've seen that MS Daisy punch in action.. LOVE it! And I love all the pearls in the flower centers. Great sketch.. very cool color combo, too.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooo!! I LOVE that crimped strip Marisa!! So clever!! And those daisies with the pearls...super charming!! I see the scripted bg, and love tone on tone. Fabulous!

Kathy Jones said...

You rock colour challenges Marisa!!! This one is beautiful and love the daisy chain and big butterfly!!! :)

Carrie Gaskin said...

So pretty Marisa. I love your take on the sketch and your super cute little details. I wouldn't change a thing.

Betty Wright said...

Marisa, this is wonderful! Love how you did the double row with the flower border and put your signature crimped strip in the center. Too many pearls? Is there such a thing? LOL! Lovely card! I really should get this butterfly!

Kristina said...

Oh, the card turned out so prettily! I love how you combined that gorgeous flower edge punch with some crinkled paper (is there a technical term for that little do-dad contraption, lol?). I too, love spring, but dread the allergies that come with it! Can we just skip straight to fall with the warm days and cool nights and everything dying rather than blooming, lol!

Wasn't Jeff's sermon last week AND this week amazing?! I am loving this series on prayer, and find myself so convincted for the weeks that follow. I love talking to God, but why don't I do it more often? Why don't I pray with conviction, knowing that God is powerful ALL of the time, not just when I'm in trouble? Were you able to find The Amidah to pray 3 times each week? It's so beautiful! The more I pray it, the more excited I am to celebrate in God's goodness, power, and holiness! Sometimes I miss scripted prayers like this. They add so much to my own feeble words.

Dawn B. said...

Love all the elements you added on this card especially your favorite butterfly.. I love this die too. This is a tough color combo but you aced it. Great job. Hope your extra work finishes up soon..

Julie said...

Gorgeous creation Marisa! Love the color combo and your gorgeous border! I left an award from you on my blog post today :)

H2 :) said...

Absolutely, totally perfect Marisa! :)

Makeesha Byl said...

So pretty Marisa! I love that layered butterfly! Keesh x

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous use of both challenges, Marisa! Love that stunning butterfly and that awesome border punch! The whole card is simply beautiful!