Monday, April 25, 2011

Falling Into Mother's Day


I loved this Clean and Simple FTL sketch when I saw it last week, but life got in the way so I  never got to play along.  That all changed today :)

I combined it with this week's Color Lab because I just love this colour combination!  It's one of my fall back colour combinations so it was great fun play along.  Then after loading the Color Lab picture I realized it needed a touch of Baja Breeze - ugh! - so I had to switch out the green twine for blue twine.

My newest Verve order arrived so I was able to use the new flower set called Bloom and Grow and the matching dies.   Love my Verve flowers....happy sigh....!    The matching leaf die felt a big too large for the card so I used a Martha Stewart Leaf punch instead.  The pink layer was cut with the Labels 17 die to form the shape along the bottom.  A touch of twine and just had to use my lacy nesties :)    Nothing fancy, just a CAS card that you can change the sentiment on and use for all sorts of occasions.

We were treated to a little stretch of sunshine this past week, but it is still stinking cold out!  Just heard that this is the coldest April on record for 75 years - I'll vouch for that (not that I've been around for 75 years but that it has been cold this spring LOL!).  Upside is the grass doesn't grow very quickly so I've only had to mow twice so far :)  Have a great day and hope it involves a bit of stamping!





What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Bloom and Grow and Because of You
Paper: Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Certainly Celery
Ink: So Saffron, Black
Accessories: Verve Flower Die, Martha Stewart Leaf and Butterfly Punches, Crimper, Lacy Circle and Labels 17 Nesties, Green Twine, Dimensionals

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Another stunner Marisa!! Love all your CAS cards...well, I love ALL your cards actually! lol
Hope you're having a wonderful Easter and don't get too much red eye after your son's performance!
Hugs Viv xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful!!!! Love the soft colours and great layout! Oh I'm jealous your Verve arrived...hope that means mine isn't far behind!!! hehe!

Maureen said...

oh, lots of yummy textures and details on this one! Yay for the new stamps and dies...oh I wish I lived near the border! You are so smart to have a post office box!! We have had a gorgeous weekend here...lots of warm weather :) I hope to get a little inky today and am figuring out my Mother's Day project for the kids.

Anonymous said...

Another fresh and beautiful card Marisa. I really love this colour scheme. xx

Wanda Cullen said...

So glad you are getting your Verve orders more quickly with the PO box! Those border guards don't have to fear for their lives anymore - lol! Great spring colors and layout on this card...well done!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love all those layers, especially the crimped one! So glad you could join us at the ColorLab this week.

Nance Leedy said...

Another beautiful Marisa card! Love these colors together and the crimped strip is great texture. My favorite part is the touch of blue twine! :-) ((hugs))

TannyP said...

Oh and a beautiful job with those flowers you did! Love this, Marisa. The papers are perfect and the twine adds just the right touch!

Crystal said...

OH WOW absolutely AWESOME take on the Mojo Sketch, beautiful work Marisa!

Benzi said...

So pretty, Marisa. Love that flower.
Haven't seen that crimper in a bit...but, it's still doing a good job.
You have cold. We have storms. Hubby and I had to run for a storm shelter at 4:00 a.m. this morning. Tornado sirens blasting! Another bad day ahead.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. Very spring like. Thank you for joining the ColorLab challenge this week.

Jen Timko said...

This is such a pretty use of the colors. I love all the texture on the card...fantastic! So glad you joined us at the ColorLab this week!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just so pretty. Love the crimping. What a gorgeous card so lovely in your sweet style.

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous mix of colors Marisa...they look perfect the way you've arranged them! A sweet Mother's Day card, indeed!