Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Verve Sketch And A Great Verse


This week's Verve sketch is brought to us by Amber.  I must admit, I had to ponder this sketch for some time before even beginning to decide what to do with it.

I didn't have energy to dig through my DPs in the hopes of finding some that worked well together so I went with solid colours instead.  Note to self:  buy some DPs from the same line as they can be mixed and matched...yes, I'm slow on the uptake, but DP and I have had a very slow moving relationship LOL!

Sorry, I regressed... :)   Lots of interesting angles and lines in this sketch so I kept things simple and went with pinks and black/grey tones.  The polka dotted ribbon gave the card the zip it needed and my finishing touches were the pearls and heart button.

This Plain Jane is one of my favorite verses - happy sigh :)   It's a great reminder to not "do" but rather just "be", for when one is being still, one can hear God's soft whisper and stand confidently in His love and care for you.  Not easy to be still, but always deeply rewarding!

Thanks so much for popping by - it always makes my day :)




What's In It?
Stamps: (Verve) Psalm 46:10 Plain Jane

Paper: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Basic Grey, Black
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Martha Stewart Butterfly Punches, Scalloped Circle Nestie, Polka Dotted Ribbon, SU Border Punch, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Marisa, this is GORGEOUS! This is one of my fave Plain Janes and I LOVE the colors you've paired it with!

Christina said...

You definitely didn't let this sketch get the best of you! I don't think I could handle all of those layers, but you did it beautifully! Love the little details like the silver pearls on the scalloped edge and the tiny black pearls on the butterfly bodies. No need for DP on this one!

Benzi said...

So pretty, Marisa. Awesome verse. I agree, it is hard not to 'do' and just 'be'. Have to work on it.
I love your heart and pretty, dotted ribbon. What a wonderful creation.

Jodi Collins said...

GORGEOUS Marisa! LOVE these colors and your layout!!!

Vickie Z said...

Love these colors together. Great use of the sketch!! Polka dot ribbon is the perfect pop!!

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my gosh you did a fabulous job with this sketch! Gorgeous card!!!

Anonymous said...

Marisa, that sketch would have had me running for the hills, it's so complicated!! You have done a truly amazing job with it as your card is fabulous. xx

Vicki Burdick said...

Hi Marisa! Love this card, great colors! I got my quilling tool and Hobby Lobby, it is a slot type tool, I think. It has a handle and a small slot on the tip for sliding in the paper. Last time I looked at my local HL they were out of them but will look again on my next trip and if they have any I will pick one up for you and send it your way! I'll let you know if I find one.

Emily Keaton said...

How gorgeous, Marisa! That's a busy sketch, but you managed to make it look lovely and uncluttered--almost CAS-like! Great color choices, too. :)

Maureen said...

I am loving the solid colours here...they really work as you are drawn to the words and meaning of this verse :) Ah, can never get enough of your butterflies!

Wanda Cullen said...

This sketch had me running at first! You really nailed it with this clean look...love it!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful blend of colors, textures, and design, Marisa! Wonderful scripture card!

Stacy Morgan said...

Classy! The white really makes the colors stand out, I LIKE it!

Dawn B. said...

Wow what a way to use this layout..Those colors are so pretty. I love this sentiment too.. They are always great to pull out for a card..

Linda Callahan said...

Tough sketch and you rocked it! The colors are perfect!

Andrea Ewen said...

So elegant, Marisa...the color choices you used are absolutely stunning! Such elegance with the white background and the silver pearls. A glorious take on Amber's sketch!