Monday, May 30, 2011

Pretty in Pink


Diva Charmaine was this week's sketch provider and I must admit when I first saw this sketch those corner tabs didn't sit well with me - sorry Charmaine!  However, once I started working with it, things came together quickly and the corners weren't even an issue.  That will teach me for getting my nickers in a knot before trying the sketch LOL!

I needed a baby girl card, and the oval shape made me immediately think of this cute little Denami baby as she was the perfect size.  Two types of Making Memories DP, a frilly fru-fru lacy Nestie, some pearls and a few touches of yellow and I was happy with the outcome.

Think I may just have to try making this in a baby boy version so I have one of each on hand.  That way when Keesh lets us know if she had a boy or girl,  I can pop one in the mail to her right away.




Challenge Entered:  Stamp Stamp Something Sentimental


What's In It?
Stamps: Denami Baby, (Stamping Up) Short and Sweet
Paper: Making Memories DP, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink. Rose Romance
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Lacy Oval and Oval Nesties, Stampin' Up Corner and Word Window Punches, Marvy Flower Punch, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Sarah Jamison said...

Cute baby card! What I love best is the yellow flower in the corner. Such a little addition makes such a big impression on this card!

TannyP said...

Seriously?! I would never have guessed that you had second thoughts about this sketch - you've used it beautifully! Love the card - it's just perfect and your use of the nesties with the pearls always has my attention!

Sue said...

way too cute Marisa! can't wait to see the boy version!! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

So totally precious! That pink striped is to die for!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Marisa, this so pretty and just adorable! xx

Maureen said...

aw, she's so adorable!! What a great idea to do one in blue as well! I don't know about you, but once I got past the corner embellishments, I was fine! LOL

Jean said...

Always a great idea to have one of each ready to go, what a great card and those corner tabs worked perfectly. I hear ya though on using something you are not quite sure of... :)

Emily Keaton said...

That DeNami baby is adorable--so versatile! I love the pink and yellow together for this ultra cute baby card. :)

Benzi said...

Stripes, dots, and pearls, along with an adorable image. This is sooooo precious, Marisa.

Nance Leedy said...

Adorable, Marisa! We would never know you struggled with those corners--it looks effortless! I love how that sweet little baby pops off of all the pink and yellow! And that lacy oval nestie is divine! ((hugs))

Wanda Cullen said...

What a darling card! Love the pop of yellow and your combo of dotted swiss with stripes! You rocked the sketch!

Michelle Woerner said...

Toooo cute! Love all the pearls. Hugs to you!

Dawn B. said...

I love the way you added pearls to the little areas in your diecut. It looks great that way.. Such a sweet little image. Great job.

Paulina said...

This card is darling! I love the colors, the layout and the pearl accents were perfect for this card!

I posted this card to the DeNami FB page- it was just too cute not to share with everyone! We hope you'll join us sometime for a DeNami challenge- we'd love to have you play along!

Linda H. said...

Very cute baby card! All of your baby cards are adorable. Great job!

Amber J said...

So cute. I really love all the little pearls you added.

pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com