Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just Be U

Verve

With all the water main issues plus kids in swimming lessons and me being exhausted after swimming 45 minutes of laps five days a week, I haven't had the mojo to create.  That being said, I'm dipping into some of the my Guest Diva cards I made for the actual Verve Release party that were not posted here on my blog.  If you have seen them before, my apologies. If not, hope you enjoy them :)

I was giddy with joy when this card was done because I actually used two different DPs on one card.  Not a big deal for many of you, but little old me has an issue using multiple DPs one one card, my newest nemesis now that the skewed panel thing is somewhat under control (did I just say that??!!  Diva Dust, is wonderful stuff).  Think this issue is mostly due to the fact that I don't have a lot of actual paper pads which have naturally coordinating DPs so I have to do the mixing and matching myself.  Nothing like making it hard on myself, huh?!!  Onward and upward I go :)   

I just love this "U" die from Verve - so many wonderful words to use it with.  I also love this sentiment and try to live by it daily.   I don't like all things about me, insert very highly competitive female as well as a very direct communication style when focused or passionate about an issue, two traits that aren't exactly "feminine" and get me into trouble at times.  However,  God made me the way I am for a reason and I am embracing those areas in a deeper way as move up the age scale and approach the next decade of my life.  That is why Philippians 1:6 is one of my favorite verses - I am a work in progress :D

We are in the home stretch with the water main issues.  Hooked up to the city water line again and no longer attached to our neighbours water.  They just have to come and do some back filling on the huge holes they had to dig on the side of our driveway.  Needless to say, I'm doing laundry as I type as we have a huge back log.

Off to church this morning and then it's family pasta sauce making day.  We bought 50 pounds of Roma tomatoes and other veggies for the sauce from a local farmer to make the sauce.  I'm allergic to oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary - basically all the aromatic herbs - so we have to make our own.  We have a great production line that gets it all done in about an hour and a half and that gives us about 40 large yogurt containers of sauce to freeze and enjoy until we make next summer's batch.  Have already frozen my 50 pounds of blueberries so we are no doubt going to be tight on freezer space for a little bit, but it's all worth it!

Have a glorious day and thanks for popping in today!




Just Be You
Stamps:  Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper: Ever After Blushing Bride (Pebbles), Dots and Stripes (Echo Park), Rose Romance and Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: I Heart You Die Set (A Cut Above by VERVE), Medium Scalloped Border Die (PTI), 5/8" Saffron Satin Ribbon, Apple Green Twine (The Twinery), Button, Hemp Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals



18 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're getting your water sorted Marisa! Ha Ha! If I had that much sauce, I'd have to borrow freezer space from the whole STREET!

Now as for your card... I LOVE it!!!
xxxx

Christina said...

Marisa, this card is just so sweet! The happy colors and uplifting sentiment are perfect together. Way to go on mixing the papers, too! I have trouble using just one, so any more than that gives me fits!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this brightly colored card - and the dual dp -- you done good!

AND you cook too -- WOW All I Do Is Stamp -- bwahaha!

Maureen said...

there you go!! You're getting the hang of mixing papers!! Small pattern with a large pattern is one of the tricks. I also go by what looks pleasing to the eye :) I see paper pads in your future! Wasn't this a fun stamp set? I don't think one could ever use all the combinations!! The dies are fabulous :) Glad to hear the water woes are almost over...major bummer...I guess best it happened in the summer? The chaos of school starting and this might have been too much!! Have a great day :)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful combination of colours and papers Marisa and a stunning card is the result! I think being competitive and direct are great qualities in a woman! In addition to this you are, from what I have learned from your blog, incredibly talented, generous with your time, loving, compassionate and you have so much energy it's unreal!! (45 minutes of laps a day?!!)xx

Glad the water situation is getting sorted out!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey girl! I love this. The pink, green with pop of yellow is perfection! Hugs,

TannyP said...

How can YOU be allergic to Rosemary?! LOL That's you're blog name! HAHAHA

Great card - and I've been really impressed with all of your skewed panels. PLUS this duo of designer papers is just right =) Fabulous creation!

*we did it!!* Less that 2:25, too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super duper sweet, Marisa...the colors are just so beautiful, and GIRLY...appeals to my oh, so feminine heart...
I do hope that your water situation is clearing up fast, what a terrible thing to happen! Sending lots of prayers your way that it gets fixed soon!
P.S. I can smell the chlorine from here.... :)

Benzi said...

Such a cheerful card, Marisa! Love the dots and your papers great together.

Can I raid your freezer? Yum!!

Jodi Collins said...

Sigh. You are going to make me order this set aren't you? LOVE every bit of this! These papers are GORGEOUS!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

My GOODNESS, you've been a busy girl! That's a lot of produce to put up. What do you put in your sauce, if you can't use all those herbs?

Sweet "U" card, BTW!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is absolutely darling Marisa. I could never tell that this paper was not in a matched pad set-it goes perfectly together. You've added your sweet touches again to this most delightful card. Love it.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

LeAnne said...

I love that you ventured a little outside your box with this--it is bright, cheerful & happy!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow, this is just so bright and fun! You are going to make me *need* this stuff from Verve too! I don't do the whole "tilted" thing well but you sure worked it out here! :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, I'm lovin' this card! Fabulous combination using pink and green with just a pop of the yellow in the ribbon! Gorgeous! Glad the worst of your water issues is over...what a glitch in your summer! You'll be ready for the cold winter and your family will love that pasta sauce because they all had a hand in preserving it!

Benzi said...

Marisa, this is awesome. I thing those 'thingies' are probably called stamens. Anyway, the flower and your heart are just so pretty.

Sounds as if things are looking up at your house with the water disaster. Good!!!

Betty Wright said...

Love these colors, patterns, and details, Marisa! Awesome card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Marisa, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the fun, happy colors! Love this!