Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Diva Dare A La Andrea

 


I decided to CASE another Diva :)   Andrea is a blogging buddy of mine with a fabulous wit and gorgeous card making style.  Her soft colour palette and use of layers and punches are amazing.  So, what did I do?  I chose this card which isn't her signature style!  It had fewer layers and no shabby/vintage goodness on it...go figure?!  I guess you could say I wimped out...but I did love the colour combo and the interesting layout.   Here is her card.


As you can see, I basically straight out cased Andrea's card with a few substitutions:  French Script in the background, Echo Park Dots and Stripes DP for the red panel, different punches and dies, changed the sentiment and punched out some corrugated hearts using a Starbucks sleeve instead of the heart buttons.  I also ironed my seam binding so the ribbon texture would match the clean lines of the layout (crinkled ribbon just didn't cut it). 

I had great fun making this card - thanks, for the inspiration my friend  :)  Next time, when I have a bit more time on my hands, I will case a shabby/vintage card of yours, promise!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Celebration of Thanks (Verve), French Script (SU)
Paper: Sahara Sand, Black, Cream Linen, Dots and Stripes (Echo Park) 
Ink: Black
Accessories: Lacy Circle and Circle Nesties, From the Heart Dies Set (Verve), Martha Stewart Deco Fans Punches, Seam Binding, Buttons, Twine, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Unknown said...

You are NOT a wimp Marisa! I LOVE the cleanness of your interpretation. It's VERY pretty and totally perfect! xxx

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is GORGEOUS, Marisa!

TannyP said...

Seriously beautiful card, Marisa! That's perfect inspiration and you've obviously been inspired by her lovely creation. That black punchwork is fabulous!!

Hope all's well with you =)

Dawn Easton said...

Beautiful case of Andrea's card! I really want to try and CASE a Diva too! I am not good at shabby and I think CASING will be the way to go for me....lol
Love those colours and your dies!! Wonderful!

Christina said...

I love the color palette for this card! You did a wonderful job tweaking a few elements to make this card totally YOU. Beautiful job!

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous, Marisa!! Your CASE of Andrea's card is just perfect. I love these colors, too!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Gosh, I don't even think I saw that card of Andrea's before! I love seeing yours and hers side by side. I think you did a great CASE, Marisa. :) And yes, pick something shabby next time - I want to see what you come up with!

ChristineCreations said...

Awesome card Marisa...great CASE! I love the deep brown borders it really makes everything pop, and the hearts tied with twine/jute are really so cute!

Maureen said...

what a lovely homage to Andrea :) She rocks those border punches like no one's business :) What a gorgeous CASE!! It's sunny and much warmer today :) The painting is full blown ON this week. Will take some pics after work :)

Danni said...

Truly a wonderful card!! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you've done it again - taken my breath away!! Just stunning and what a wonderful compliment to your blog friend. xx

Teresa Kline said...

wow, so gorgeous Marisa.....luv this, soooo cute girl...hope you have a fabby week!

enjoy *~*

Benzi said...

What a super case, Marisa. Love those punched hearts and I'm wondering why I don't have that beautiful deco fan punch. Wonder if my neighbor does..hee hee
Your card is a real winner...another beauty.

Sue said...

Awesome tribute to Andrea's stunning card!!! this one was always going to be a favourite with a dotted DS paper! you were so creative with the hearts- who would have thought- very clever Marisa!!:)

Wanda Cullen said...

I am really loving the impact of these colors! What a great CASE!

Stacy Morgan said...

I adore your case, the colors and framing are awesome.

Amy Kolling said...

That PATP set by MS is one of my favorites! This card is gorgeous! Love the CASE job! hehe

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wowsers Marisa!! This is gorgeous!! I love your punched and diecut frames!! And those corrugated hearts are just super charming wrapped in twine!! Love thew sweet button and underlying pearls too!! This card is just full of yummy goodness!

dj said...

wowsers...this is so very pretty!! love that die!!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow gorgeous CASE of Andrea's card. Love the the hearts and twine. I sure wish I had time to create this month - would have loved to CASE a couple of Divas.

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful Case!! Love the punched panel and sweet little hearts!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful, Marisa! I personally have never figured out how to get corner and straight punches to line up to make those fabulous frames, so I'm in awe! Love those little strings around your hearts, too!