Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Joy Wreath


Loved this basic sketch by Jen for this month's SFYTT.  You can keep it simple or dress it up, my favority type of sketch to work wtih.  I paired it with this month's CR84FN challenge and hope my squeezing some (okay, a lot of) silver accents in doesn't get me in trouble with the challenge police.

Since Verve is this month's SFTYY sponsor, I used this fun wreath from Glad Tidings and coloured it with Twinkling H2Os.  Then came the silver pearl application and a harsh reminder that my eyes are aging and I need to think about getting bifocals next time I get new glasses - ugh!   The joys of aging - not!!

I crimped the back panel for a bit of something and used a double lacy nestie mat for the wreath to help it pop out a bit.  A touch of silver, pleated ribbon (which I hope doesn't decide to unstick itself) and some silver cording called it a card.

Hard to believe this is the eleventh sketch of the year and only December's sketch is left to go!  When that's done, all that is left for you to do is hold your breath and see if Random Org Santa will select your name as the participating prize winner and by doing so add to your Christmas cheer :)


 

What's In It?
Stamps: Glad Tidings (Verve)
Paper: Making Memories, Black, White
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Twinkling H2Os, SU Scalloped Border Punch, Crimper, Lacy Circle and Circle Nesties, 5/8" Silver Ribbon, Silver Cording, Black and Silver Half Pearls, Dimensionals

23 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Marisa...this is absolutely stunning! I love the ruffled silver ribbon with the cord tying it off and that beautiful wreath! How breathtakingly elegant! Five stars on this one, baby!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is gorgeous! Love the pretty wreath and silver pearls you added!

Christina said...

Ooh, this is lovely! Placing all of those pearls must have taken forever! But the result is so beautiful and elegant.

Benzi said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Marisa. Love the design, colors, and all the silver pearls. Just a beautiful wreath.

Lisa Elton said...

Very fresh and pretty Marisa. I'm with you on the glasses, sheesh some dodads are a bit too small lately!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I agree with Andrea - 5 stars on this one! It's stunning. Love the silver pearls.

Unknown said...

Totally love this card Marisa! Love the colors, wreath, all the detaila. Just absolutely gorgeous. Well done girl !!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Marisa. Love the colors and the pretty wreath. The ribbon looks awesome! :o)

Laurie said...

GORGEOUS!! I love the pearls on the wreath! And that trim? Beautiful!!

Dawn B. said...

You rocked this challenge. That inspiration picture matches your card to a T. Great job on this one Marisa. I love the circle dies.

Vickie Z said...

Lovin this card... All those silver pearls are wonderful!!! Love the layers, silver cord, and pleated ribbon!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Marisa, LOVE the wreath and all of those silver pearls! Silver is a neutral isn't it?!! LOVE that FAB pleated ribbon with the cording! Such a PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Marisa! That wreath is so pretty! Love all the silver embellishments and fancy ribbon trim! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Beautiful, soft and delicate. Perfect card!

I think I will see the movie this weekend during matinee showing -I am not for the crowds of screaming young girls, kwim? lol! Sure looks to be a fabulous movie!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wowzers, girl, this has my jaw on the floor!! Stunning card with all the silver pearls on the wreath and love that gorgeous ribbon treatment!

nwilliams6 said...

I love this one! What a pretty wreath and the colors are so awesome. I totally love your cards - they are such a treat!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is so sweet. My eye is so drawn to those silver half pearls. I want them. lol They remind me of those silver candies you decorate Christmas Cookies with. Such a pretty card. The wreath is a spectacular focal point.

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this is really elegant! I do like the ruffle ribbon and the silver accents are fab! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

Anonymous said...

Just stunning Marisa!
xx

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is gorgeous - lovin' the pink!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Marisa! Love the clean lines and lovely silver pearls! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your CR84FN win, Marisa!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Congrats on your win!! :)