Monday, November 7, 2011

Pretty in Pink and Silver

 
Wasn't sure about this sketch when I first saw it, but once I decided to use this fabulous Verve wreath as the focal circle, things fell into place nicely.

I love pink and silver together as well as pink and black so the three together were a dream to work with :)   The hardest part of the card was getting something black on the pink button.  I tried twine (too thick), I tried a large half pearl (too small) I tried a cluster of black half pearls (too busy) and finally settled on some black curly cues under the button as I had run out of options and this was the best of the bunch!

Short and sweet today as I have a busy day ahead.  Off to the laundromat to wash our summer comforters in their large size machines.  Tired last week but every time I popped in someone had taken it.  So today, I'm there for opening at 8:30 so they get done and put away.

Wishing you a fabulous day!

 


What's In It?
Stamps: Thoughtful Accents and Accent Notes (Verve)
Paper: Pinks, Silver
Ink: Black
Accessories:  Flutter By DIe (Verve) Scalloped Circle and Circle Nesties, Swirls Embossing Folder, Buttons, Silver Twine, 5/8" Sheer Silver Ribbon, Balck Half Pearls, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

You rocked it girl! This is so pretty! Love the added butterfly!!
Have fun at the laundromat. I need to do that too!

Emily Keaton said...

What a beauty! I love the pink and silver combo. You did a fabulous job with the sketch, Marisa!! And I hope you were able to claim that supersize machine at the laundromat. I totally understand the want to just get it done!!!!

TannyP said...

I love your curly cues! Great job on the sketch...that ribbon is fabulous and the color combo is perfect! Beautiful job, Marisa!

Julie said...

I love pink and silver together and this one is just gorgeous, Marisa! Love that silver ribbon...such a pretty bow! :)

dj said...

Gorgeous!!! I just love that ribbon!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So soft and pretty. I had to get there early for the same reasons last time, hope you got them washed.

Benzi said...

So pretty, Marisa. Love the silver 'fly and those sweet curly cues are perfect.

Sue said...

Yummo!! this is gorgeous Marisa, you have showcased the sketch brilliantly!! love the bow and the little squiggles! :) hope you finally got your laundromat job ticked off your list!

Maureen said...

very pretty in pink and silver!! Love the little black curly cues :) Such perfect texture :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Ahh, more lovely pink and silver...I think you've found the magic combination here, my dear! This card is stunning as well, the pink and silver accents on the white look spectacular!