Monday, January 30, 2012

Chupa Love



Continuing on with sketches from last year, this one from Chupa's Sketchbook Saturdays.  I love simple sketches as you can dress them up or dress them down as much as you want.

The starting point of my card was this wonderful K & Company paper I got at Michael's, and the rest just flowed from there.  Another crimped heart in lieu of the "U" die LOL!

My daughter feels pretty good about her piano exam on Friday, which is a huge tribute to her nerves as they were 50 minutes behind schedule!!  We sat and sat and sat some more and her exam was scheduled for 10:15.  Hate to think what later exam times would have to wait!  We treated ourselves to some shopping at Old Navy and had a great afternoon together :)  Now we just have to await her score and she jumps right into Grade 4 as she will be taking that exam in June (she is doing two grades in one year this year).

Wishing you a fabulous day and thanks for sharing a bit of yours with me :)


 

What's In It?  
Paper:  K & Company, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink 
Accessories:Lacy Circle Nesties, MS Doily Punch, Marvy Heart Punch, Crimper, 5/8" Pink Sheer Ribbon, Pink Half Pearls, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

16 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Love that crimped heart! Thanks for the inspiration to pull out my crimper!!!

Sorry the exam took forever the other day. I know how anxious we all get waiting and waiting!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty - love that paper too!!

Emily Keaton said...

One totally gorgeous Valentine, Marisa! Love the crimped heart. Sounds like you and your daughter had a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Love this new card you have just posted!!!!! The different use of dimensions, but not cluttered looking is just wonderful!!! You are one of my favorite designers!!!
Linda in Ohio

ChristineCreations said...

Perfectly pretty in pink :) Great dp!

Glad to hear she managed that waiting for her piano exam!

Maureen said...

oh, pink and red and hearts and ribbon...just an eye full of delight this morning! I always like a little pick me up first thing on a Monday morning :) The warm weather melted all the snow we got Sat morning. Mild temps all week! Wanna come up and help me organize the studio? I'll pay in purged items? teehee!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh...Andrea love! Beautiful pink and red colors...super sweet pearls and lovely organdy ribbon! A simply lovely creation!

Christina said...

So sweet and feminine! I love that pretty sheer ribbon, and you have amazing patience to place all of those little pearls. Sounds like you had a wonderful mother-daughter day on Friday, especially once the waiting was finally over!

Luanne said...

Marisa, thanks for your note on my blog! I was pretty excited to see that. :) I've browsed through your latest, let me tell you, these are some of the nicest valentines I've seen! I love your clean look, they are gorgeous! ((hugs)) Luanne

Anonymous said...

Marisa, this card is so beautiful! I don't have a crimper, but am gonna have to save up to get one! It really makes the card {besides that gorgeous dp!}.

Kristina said...

I'm just going to deem this card "Pretty in Pink!" it's so soft and pretty, I love the little subtle decorations like the pearls around the scallops and button on the heart ( talk about enabling! I dom't have any heart dies but you always make me want them!) Gorgeous card!

Benzi said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet Valentine. I think I have that paper. Love the pretty half pearls..such a beautiful addition.

Sounds as if the exam really went well and a fun day was enjoyed by the two of you. That's great!!!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful papers, colors, die cut and punching, Marisa! I love the button on the crimped heart too.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Marisa! You have reminded me that I have that paper!
xx

TannyP said...

Gorgeous ribbon plus awesome pearl use = fabulous card! I'm loving these papers together =)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a great sketch by Chupa, and you did it perfect justice. So pretty!