Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Masculine Thank You


This week is contest week over at the Mojo Monday blog and this is my kick at the can.

I went the masculine route as I needed a thank you card for a dear friend and mentor I had coffee with the other day. 

The card came together very quickly until I got to the circle element above the banner.  I fiddled and fussed with what to put over the banner forever!!  Tried three stars of the same size in an arch over the banner (each in a different colour) - nope; then switched out the first star for a larger one with a button on it for some contrast - nope; then switched the stars out for a maple leaf  or a combo of leaves - nope; and finally settled on this wonderful Verve Elegant Leaf die.  So, what could have been a quickish card turned out taking a lot longer than I had planned - guess the bathrooms get cleaned tomorrow LOL!

Another busy weekend coming up with company coming for an overnight, a baby shower to attend, Mother's Day brunch and teaching my Grade 5/6 Sunday School class!  Looking forward to the long weekend in May already!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Bloom and Grow (Verve)
Paper: Night of Navy, Early Espresso, Cream Linen, Mellow Moss, Costco DP
Ink: Garden Green, Black
Accessories: Circle Nesties, Ribbon Banner, Elegant Leaves, Charming Banner and Charmin Oval Dies (Verve), Distress Stripes Embossing Folder, Brads, Crimper, Green Grosgrain Ribbon, Brown Half Pearls, Dimensionals

22 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic masculine card!!! Love that leaf stamp and die!

LeAnne said...

Love this, Marisa....I always need inspiration for masculine cards. And mine always seem to take longer than I think they will!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Amazing how color changes the gender for a card! Great masculine card~

Benzi said...

All the fussing was worth it. This is an outstanding, masculine card. The stripes are perfect for those men creations. Like the banner.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous masculine card Marisa! Love the colours and papers you've used.
xx

Danni said...

I agree, the fussing was worth it as it's just perfect! Wonderful card!

Vickie Z said...

Love the sentiment in the middle of the banner!!! Wonderful masculine card!!!

Heather Cooper said...

I love the masculine colours and textures! A great take on the sketch.

Shelley said...

Oooh, what a fun sketch. I love all your textures and elements. Great masculine touches. I always forget to masculine cards, then when I need one, I'm scrambling!

Christina said...

Great masculine card, Marisa--the branch works perfectly. I had to laugh a bit at your story of switching out the focal point so many times. I've had that kind of week myself where the majority of my efforts have wound up in the recycling! So glad you didn't have to resort to that!

Debbie Carriere said...

A fantastic masculine card!! Love the colors and texture! Hate when just one element is the hold up - been there done that :). Have a good day!!

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fabulous guy card! Lots of dimension and interest, but still totally masculine.

Darnell said...

I'm just going to call it. Winner! (You know, of course, I have no power, but if I did, you'd be it.)

Unknown said...

Anything worthwhile takes a bit of time. There's the proof! It's wonderful Marisa. I shall be coming back to this for my 'man' card inspiration. Hope your weekend goes without a hitch. You are Busy busy busy! xxx

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome masculine note, Marisa! I love how you used the leaves on this. Great for a guy card!

TannyP said...

Holy moly - what a fabulous masculine card! Your paper combo is fantastic and the embossing folder is awesome below that leafy goodness =) I think I have that striped paper....is it from the Costco pad?

Carol Hurlock said...

These Sketches were made for you. You execute them beautifully. Love this card.

Aileen said...

Super masculine card. Great colours and textures. x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very classy masculine card! All that fussing was worth it. ;)

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect for a manly card. I am sure he appreciated it. Your layout is great. I always struggle with those. Hope you got your bathrooms cleaned in time.haha.

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS masculine card. Great job with the layout!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a great masculine card...I have such a hard time with these, but you've mastered it! Perfect take on the sketch and the colors coordinate wonderfully!