Tuesday, June 5, 2012

CAS Sketchbook Card


This Sketchbook Saturday sketch from a few weeks back intrigued me so I thought I would give it a try.  Great for a CAS card.

Pulled out my PTI flower dies and went to work.  Quick and easy, and the sky is the limit on the colour combos so this would be a fun sketch to use for a gift card set :)

Thankfully the weekend was a nice mix of busy and relaxing - just what the doctor ordered after a very busy past few weeks.

That's it for today.  Short and sweet as I've got lots on my to do list.

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Memory Box, Bloom and Grow (Verve)
Paper: Night of Navy, Garden Green, So Saffron, Recollections DP
Ink:  Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Flower and Button Dies (PTI), Elegant Leaves Die (Verve), Crimper, Corner Rounder, 5/8" Saffron Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Dimensionals

13 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely buttery yellow on this card with the flower and ribbon. You make colors look better together than I could ever dream of! Wonderful card! Hugz!

Dawn Easton said...

Wonderfully put together, Marisa! I feel my PTI flower die making an appearance VERY soon! LOL!

Denise Marzec said...

Such pretty colors and I love your ribbon/bow!

Laurie said...

That yellow flower makes me so happy! I love it!! Your whole card is amazing!

Bonnie said...

Oh, Marisa, I love that crimped, yellow flower! It really stands out beautifully against the dark blue.

Emily Keaton said...

Such a beauty! That layered diecut flower is splendid. Glad you had a great weekend, with some relaxing mixed in. GOod luck with that To-Do list!

Wanda Cullen said...

You totally rocked that sketch (I really loved the layout, too)! Great colors...so crisp and clean against the white BG!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

We were both in the yellow/blue mode today Marisa!! GMTA!! :) Love your rich color combo and that fabulous crimped flower!! Fabulous card my friend!!

Benzi said...

Gosh, for some reason Blogger didn't want me to comment but I stuck it out so I could.

Love that pretty flower in So Saffron. Awesome card, Marisa!

Maureen said...

love the texture on the layered flower...lots of dimension when all three dies are used! Loving the pop of colour too! Seems our spring has gone MIA...lots of wind, rain and grey :( ugh!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Lovely colour combo and your layered flower is beautiful. Another fab one Marisa!
xx

TannyP said...

Oh my! I love that flower...may have to snag that set of dies on a future order. Gorgeous papers you've used and the sketch worked perfectly for your card. Gorgeous job!

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, what a lovely corrugated flower! The colors are beautiful and as always, your lines are clean and delish!