Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Retro Smile


 I'm quite enjoying the Retro Sketch challenges (no doubt fueled by the fact I've received an honorable mention for a few wink, wink) and this one looked like another fun sketch to play around with.  

I combined it with this week's CR84FN challenge as I just love yellow and grey together.   I must admit I did a bit of a double take when I saw this week's colours as I recall using them before, but when I checked things out (it's the anal part of me), challenge #49 had yellow, grey and kraft.  Close but not the same.  Phew, I'm not losing my mind LOL!

Just "had" to use another Verve flower - yah, I'm addicted.  Embossed the Dream Big flower with black on saffron paper, and darn it all if some embossing powder splatter did not occur - ugh!  Too lazy to go back and do another so left it as is....hanging my head in shame....but since the other layers also have some flecks, I'm chalking it up to a splatter effect....okay....I lied....I was just too lazy to redo them!


Thanks for popping by :)



What's In It?
Stamps: Dream Big, Great Friend and Celebration of Thanks (Verve) 
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Grey DSP and Going Grey (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:  Going Grey, Black 
Accessories:  Labels 8 Nesties, 5/8" Satin Saffron Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Marisa, this is what perfection looks like! xxx

Benzi said...

Marisa, I do love the beautiful yellow with the gray. Hope I can remember to pair those two together on a card. Your dotted 'i' is cute, cute. Lift that head...no shame here.

Vickie Z said...

Gorgeous yellow and gray combo!!! I will never tire of that Verve flower....you've used it gorgeously! Work's been so busy and home...I feel like I'm behind blogging!

Emily Keaton said...

Your "splatter effect" looks lovely!!! Those colors are just so cheery. Love this!

Deborah Frings said...

So many lovely layers - that flower is just awesome! Love the dotty texture too. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, those spatters don't matters! LOL What matters is another gorgeous CAS card has emerged from your crafty hands, all for our delight. It's beautiful!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Marisa! Love the beautiful flower and the embossed layer! Thanks for playing with CR84FN :)

Pauline said...

Simply lovely Marisa, I love the design and the fabulous flower and sweet bow.
Thanks for joining us at Cr84Fn this week!

TannyP said...

The fact that you cut those flowers out is amazing...I'm loving the flecks of black - it adds character. This pop of yellow on the flower and ribbon is stunning. Gorgeous use of our favorite embossing folder, too!!

Laurie said...

OK that flower is seriously gorgeous! WOWZA! And I love the center bling! Awesome take on the sketch Marisa! Thanks for playing along at RetroSketches!

nwilliams6 said...

I am smiling - this is such an uplifting creation!!! Hugz!

Sue Lelli said...

Marissa, that big Beautiful bloom is just GORGEOUS! Rather than hang your head in shame you should edit the photo and remove the flecks and we would never know~! LOL! LOVE it! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your shout out at Retro Sketches for this card, Marisa! I got one too!

Regina Easter said...

wow this is gorgeous....hugs

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, simply gorgeous! I tend to avoid yellow, but you've really brought out the best in it! Your card is so cheery and, and, and...wonderful!