Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sorry...More Verve Flowers...




We got a bit of a shake up with the Verve sketch order as this week is CAS sketch instead of next week.  No worries here, I was short on time so CAS was great! 

Had a left over flower and leaf from another card I was working which ended up in my scrap bin so decided to use them (need to do that more often as my scarp bin is full to over flowing!).  Paired them with kraft as this colour combo makes me swoon...not chocolates or flowers, but a colour combo....go figure...I know, I'm not normal LOL!   A touch of twine and some green half pearls called it a card.

Can not believe it is my daughter's last day of school today!!  Reality of summer vacation is hitting hard!!  Two more weeks until my son is off so still a little bit of me time as my daughter is our introvert who will sit and read for hours but my son is our extrovert who needs to be on the move and stimulated so he is harder to keep busy.  When he was a kid he only  had two speeds - go and sleep.  He definitely loves and lives life to the fullest :)  Love him to bits but he wears me out at times LOL!

Thanks for dropping by and a big thank you to my new followers :)  




What's In It?
Stamps: Dream Big (Verve), Hero Arts
Paper: So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Kraft
Ink: Black, VersaMark
Accessories:  Elegant Leaf Die (Verve), Butterfly Punch (Martha Stewart), White Embossing Powder, Button, Twine, Glue Dots, Half Pearls, Dimensionals

20 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Love the yellow on this Marisa, such a happy color. Yay for you getting to spend more time with your kids. I long for those days now that mine are never around any more. I love a girl that reads (I use to read a lot before I got addicted to stamping - now it has taken a back seat - way in the back - LOL). Fun card!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous layered flower!!! Enjoy the next couple of quiet weeks with your daughter!

Laura said...

Hi Marisa, I have just added myself to your blog as a follower as your work is so inspirational! I love all of your designs they are so clean and delicate. Great work!
Laura xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Your kids' personalities sound so similar to mine, Marisa. :) I hear ya!

Love this fresh, fresh card! It's got a happy feel to it....I guess it's that pretty yellow.

Maureen said...

the Verve flowers look fabulous in white and yellow! No apologies needed! Reports are done and handed in today, just a whack of final activities, retirement parties, etc. I'm looking forward to doing nothing for 2 months and not answering a million questions a day :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Awesome CAS and the flower is beautiful. I say if colors make you swoon then yea! Better for the hips. ha!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the yellow and green on kraft! That big Verve flower is such a WOW factor! Isn't it amazing how different kids in the same family can be?! Have a third one and you'd go an even different direction in personality - lol!

TannyP said...

Well this color combo makes me swoon, so I guess I'm with you ;) I sure do adore all that white space and your flower is awesome! The pearls really finish off the card - on the flower, butterflies and in a row.

Benzi said...

Totally gorgeous...I'm in love with the yellow and green colors.

Yep, those little boys are full of energy and drive...enjoy! :-)

Denise Marzec said...

Great job with the sketch, Marisa. I love your beautiful floral cards.

Enjoy the next few weeks with your daughter. :)

Jen Mitchell said...

I feel the same way about color combos! And ones that include kraft are often my faves! This has got all sorts of things I love: big bold flowers, butterflies, twine and bling. Yum!

Emily Keaton said...

Fresh and lovely, Marisa! I'm dealing with the harsh realities of having the kids around all day now. Love having them around, but the interruptions are driving me to distraction. I MUST finish this freelance project this week--I'm behind schedule and can't afford the distractions. Hoping tomorrow is a productive day (and thru the end of the week) so that NEXT week we can all start having fun together!

Betty Wright said...

Well, look at you layering up a CAS card! Okay...leftover flowers do not count as layers...lol. I love this sketch and this card is just gorgeous. Love the sunny flower! Beautiful, Marisa!

Christina said...

Your kids sound just like mine, Marisa. I'm already going batty keeping my son from destroying the house and everything in it, while my daughter could sit and read or color all day long.
You did a gorgeous job with this sketch, and you never have to apologize for using Verve flowers! You do such a beautiful job with them! Love the green and yellow paired with kraft and will have to remember it for the future. :)

ChristineCreations said...

These colors look fabulous together Marisa! Love that layered yellow flower! Our daughter is writing her finals right now, and next week it's our middle son. The year is winding down!

Susan (rainy) said...

That flower is FABULOUS!! This is such a sweet and cheery card. LOVE it!

Vickie Z said...

Love those colors and that Verve flower is one of my favs!! Kraft and white sets everything off perfectly!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is SO gorgeous! LOVE the flowers and your color combo!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

this is darling!!!!!
love the embossed flower!!!!
tfs:)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, the embossing really adds such wonderful dimension to your flowers! Love the coordinating twine detail, too!