Thursday, August 23, 2012

Verve Anniversary Release Challenge #3

 


Back from vacation with three challenges left to get done, well two now that this one is done.

I had to giggle when I saw the sketch as I just knew there would be a skewed panel on it LOL!

Thankfully the Verve Divas have put me through "skewed panel boot camp" over the past year with many of their sketches having them so I no longer totally freak out - just a little :)  I can honestly say, I quite enjoyed working with this sketch....miracles do happen LOL!

I used more of my Recollections Garden Floral paper from Michael's and even managed to pull out four scraps from my "rejected, to be used later pile".  Whoo hoo!!  The stars are aligning for me today :)  The white sentiment panel is actually the reverse of a Dream Big flower - thought the wavy edge would add a little something.  Love the sentiments from Fabulous You and this is such a powerful one.  I love putting it on cards to encourage people.

Off to work on the fourth challenge as I definitely want to be in the draw to win the entire release!  See you soon....

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Fabulous You (Verve), French Script (Stampin' Up) 
Paper: Garden Florals (Recollections from Michael's), Going Grey, Creamy Caramel, Real Red, Blush Blossom 
Ink: Black, VersaMark 
Accessories:  Lacy Circle Nesties, Butterfly Die (MFT), Brick Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), 5/8" Grey Satin Ribbon, Button, Twine, Half Pearls, Bling, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, you're such a dab hand at these skewed panels now Marisa!! Beautiful card; I love all the layers and gorgeous colour palette.
xx

Benzi said...

Very pretty, Marisa, with that lovely paper, brick wall, and other wonderful details. The ribbon is fab. Skewed? You've had enough practice that you have now mastered it..no biggie for you.:-)

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous take on the sketch...love every last detail and those skewed panels still freak me out!

TannyP said...

Oh my, Marisa! You're a master of the skewed panels now. Love this! The ribbon is perfect and your papers work beautifully. I sure do love that sweet buttoned butterfly!

Maureen said...

I'm always out of sorts when I first get home...stamping seems like a great way to ease into it! Love these colours, especially the red butterfly :)

Amy Sheffer said...

And we all get to enjoy that you worked with it as well! Marisa, this is gorgeous!

Andrea Ewen said...

Lovely use of texture and color on this one!