Friday, September 7, 2012

Just Us Girls #153

 
This week's technique challenge is brought to us by Vick and it is Stamped Line Art.  Basically, all you have to do is find a detailed image and stamp it - letting it do the talking :)   A great technique for a CAS card.  The link to the technique video can be seen here should you want to view it.

I pulled out an old CPS sketch and rotated it.  Had great fun using this Stampin' Up set that hasn't seen ink in some time.  The flower dress has always been a favorite of mine.  I "jacked it up" (as Randy on Say Yes to the Dress would say) by adding some black half pearls to the dress to make it stand out.

Kept to a black and white card as they make such a statement and I purposely omitted the sentiment so I have the flexibility of using it for various occasions (graduation card, wedding shower card, wedding card, black tie event - not that I go to them but one can always dream LOL !)

The rest of the Design Team has some great samples to get your inspiration going.  Just pop over to the JUGS blog for a peek at their wonderful creations/

We'd love to have you play along with us this week.  Simply create a card using this week's technique and link it to the JUGS blog and you may be selected as Chick of the Week :)

I think the family is going to have a relaxing weekend as soccer games don't begin until next weekend - phew!  Good thing, as the first week of school is now behind us, our ramped up schedule has come back full force and the early rising times have caused us all to be on the tired side.  A new school year has definitely begun! 




What's In It?
Stamps:  Blooming With Happiness (Stampin' Up) 
Paper: Black and White 
Ink: Black 
Accessories:Lacey Circle and Circle Nesties, 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Button, Glue Dot Dimensionals

13 comments:

Patrice said...

Fabulous card-hope you link up at 52 card pickup again this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/09/52-card-pickup-week-36.html

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wonderful additions of those pearls!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh I haven't used that dress in years and believe I still own it too! Love how you "jacked it up"
Definitely makes a statement in black and white. Wonderful!
Enjoy your relaxing weekend! Hope the weather is nice for you!

Maureen said...

what a beautiful dress image :) So lovely as a black and white card. I had to laugh when I saw the challenge...it's my go to move with images. I call it "no colouring." LOL

Lynn said...

Oh wow...this is so stunning and elegant Marisa. I LOVE it....the touch of bling is awesome!

Susan (rainy) said...

This is so striking! And I love the use of the pearls on the scallops and dress. Such a wonderful card!

Unknown said...

WOWEE! What a gorgeous creation! (Too gorgeous to just call it a card)! I absolutely love it Marisa! xxx

Lisa Kind said...

You are so right that black and white cards pack a punch! this is so pretty! I love how you added the pearls to the pretty flowers on the dress! Great take on the technique!

Home sweet home said...

Gorgeous and so elegant.:)

Merethe

Silke Ledlow said...

Sooooo elegant Marisa! I think I still have this SU Set too :) and you made it look beautiful in the black/white theme! Hugs ~S~

Benzi said...

What an awesome 'girly girl' card. Easy and I love the look of just the just stamped and pearls. Jacked up, huh? :-) I LIKE it.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Just doing some catching up here after being away for the weekend. I love this black and white card Marisa. It's so elegant. Love the black pearls on the dress.

Robin Feicht said...

Pretty Card. The scallop trims and the Black & White Color theme is perfect for this card.