Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Autumn Splendor

** This is my second post of the day.   I had to do a re-draw for the $15 Freckled Fawn washi tape gift certificate. See below for the new winner ** 


After a very busy Thanksgiving Day weekend, it is good to have a little down time!  My son's team won the soccer tournament they were in and the final game was an amazing game to watch!  We scored early for the lead, they tied and went ahead, we tied and then went ahead. There was a yellow card, a red card and with just one minute to go, they tied the score!  That lead to a shoot out to determine the winner and we won 3-2 in the shoot out.  Bonus:  they were a silver team playing in a gold team tournament.  Apparently, I provided some great side line entertainment as I watched, yelled, cheered and sideline coached during the game LOL!  

Sorry, I digressed...on to the card.  This week's Verve sketch is brought to us by Diva Moe.  I tried various options (snowflakes, buttons, flowers) and wasn't happy so I ended up with my recent go to image - my beloved maple leaf.

In my need for a smaller second image as per the sketch, I actually discovered the smaller versions of each leaf type in this wonderful PTI set - duh!!  I've only had it for three years plus, and in my haste to always use the large leaf images that have the matching dies, I never really took a close look at what else the set contained.  Yes....I'm hanging my head in shame!  The down side is they don't have matching dies, but a little fussy cutting solves that issue and they can be used to create some fabulous backgrounds too.  Note to self:  check out your sets a bit more closely.

I arranged the maple leaves the way they appear on our Canadian penny (just flipped them to a vertical orientation) and inked this fabulous sentiment from Autumn Splendor up for the very first time!  A touch of faux stitching down the side, and I called it a card.

Many thanks for continuing to put up with my maple leaf addiction.  Take heart...the snow flakes will begin to appear once I have to start raking all of our maple leaves off the lawn and they lose their appeal LOL!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Autumn Splendor (Verve), Leaf Prints (PTI)
Paper: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Really Rust, So Saffron, Stampin' Up DSP, Cream Linen
Ink: Early Espresso, Really Rust, Black
Accessories:  Leaf Dies (PTI), Banner Die (A Cut Above by Verve), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful Marisa...truly fabulous take on the sketch!

Dawn Easton said...

Congrats to the soccer team!! WTG!

Your card is lovely! Wish I had those leaves! LOL! Wish we had Maple Trees here :( I miss seeing all the pretty colours!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Too funny - I can honestly say, I haven't missed a stamp b4 - I might not have used them though :) [I have a ton of those]

Maureen said...

oh, love the maple leaves for those shapes! What vibrant colours...ones we are starting to enjoy :) Glad you discovered those sweet little stamps! I used it this weekend too :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Marisa, could the Maple Leaves ever really lose their appeal?;) Maybe just lessen for a while right;) Great take on this sketch and your fussy cutting is perfect. Love this sentiment.
Darbaby on SCS

Benzi said...

What a find, Marisa! And, your card is gorgeous.

Glad to hear your son's team won...what a wonderful weekend you had.

Vickie Z said...

Congrats to your son and you on your entertaining performance :D lovely card and those leaves are perfect with the sentiment!!! I have done that before....not looked carefully at all the stamps in a set and realized I had something perfect!!!

Christina said...

Congrats to your son and his team on their win! Sounds like you had a blast. :)
I can't believe I haven't inked up these leaves yet this season. They are so perfect paired with that sentiment, and I love how you balanced the large banner with the little banner tails along the side.

Stacy Morgan said...

Great fall card, and happy late thanksgiving. I forget that you celebrate earlier than use down here. Glad your son won his game and they did so well.