Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Retro Giraffe

RS

Gave this week's Retro Sketch a go and not overly pleased with the results.  Not sure if it's the lack of white space that's throwing me off or what, but posting it anyway.  Sometimes you just gotta go with the good, the bad and the ugly ;)

I never tire of this cute giraffe from Stampin' Up's Wild About You set.  I don't think I will ever part with it as it always makes me smile :)  The DP is from retired paper I won on Christine's blog so it is very close to a Stampin' Up only card.

Thanks for popping by today.  I'm going to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts as the rain is a comin'....no!!!!

 

What's In It?
Stamps: Wild About You and Shot and Sweet (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Kraft, So Saffron and Stampin' Up DSP
Ink:  Close to Cocoa, Black
Accessories:  Corner Rounder, Twine, Button, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

10 comments:

Danni said...

I don't think it's ugly at all! I adore it! Super cute!

Benzi said...

Cute giraffe and great paper for your baby card. Just too sweet!

Stacy Morgan said...

Marisa this is adorable. I like the button tucked in the side too. Very sweet.

Maureen said...

what a cutie patootie! Love the bakers twine bow :) He's quite dashing :)

Wanda Cullen said...

Awww...this is such a sweet baby card! Love that you put it on a kraft base!

Mary Ann said...

Lovely card for a little one...

Dawn Easton said...

oh so sweet!!! I always loved that set and wish I still owned it. Adorable!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

I love this, the yellow and green together remind me of the 70's so I think you got the retro thing down!

Vicki Dutcher said...

How adorable!

Vickie Z said...

This an adorable card....not anywhere near ugly!!! That giraffe is adorable and I like the papers! Wonderful use of the sketch!