Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Joy

Verve

A great sketch by Amber this week over on the Verve forum at SCS.  I combined it with the current CR84FN challenge of burgundy, Grey and cream. Such a classy colour combo!  I think I need to register with Snowflakes Anonymous...just can't help myself!  Maybe it is a subconscious wish to have some snow here this year as we didn't get any last year.


Nice and simple card really.  Must see if I can find some cream papers next time I'm at my LSS.  Don't have any in my stash.  Thankfully the cream colour I have is linen paper so there is a bit of texture to it, though that is all but done in by the embossing!

I used a heart shape for the sentiment tag as it reflects where my favorite Christmas word "JOY" flows from - the  very depths of my heart and soul.  A deep an abiding joy for God's gift given to mankind, and a joy that transcends my life throughout the year.  Joy.  Deep, deep, joy.  My heart is full :)

Have a fabulous day!



What's In It?
Stamps: Glad Tidings (Verve), Lots of Flakes (Amuse)
Paper: Burgundy, Cream, Going Grey
Ink: Black, Going Grey
Accessories:  Scalloped Circle Nesties, Jumbo Snowflake Punch (Martha Stewart), Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Wavy Hearts Die (A Cut Above By Verve), Crimper, 5/8" Sheer Burgundy Ribbon (Michael's), Button, Twine, Black Half Pearls, Dimensionals

23 comments:

Caroline said...

Marissa this is gorgeous I love the layout. Caroline xxx

Dawn Easton said...

Fantastic as always! Great layout for sure! Really need to play along too!

Unknown said...

Love this delicate card Marisa! Pretty as a picture and so very you. xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

You are getting great use out of your snowflake for sure! This card is elegant with the colors you used -- very pretty!

Maureen said...

Such a pretty colour combo and you've created a special place for Joy :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Marisa this is lovely, the colors are wonderful and great take on the sketch.

Marybeth said...

Gorgeous ,love your snowflake and the beautiful vellum. Love how elegant this looks.

Lee-Anne said...

Such an elegant design, Marisa! Love the layered snowflake/button!

Sue said...

There is that gorgeous snowflake again!!! Loving all those fabulous muted colours with the pop of red- perfection! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Awesome take on the colors and sketch Marisa..this is such a pretty card! Hugs ~S~

Vickie Z said...

Paper looks cream, love the use of the colors, and snowflakes make me smile!! Wonderful!! Snow....love it on Christmas right before and after...it's the in between I ran from!! We're going to the Midwest btwn. Christmas and New Years'....hoping to see some snow but, hoping for no traveling hassles...big ones that is!! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!!!!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the fancy bow! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Mynn xx said...

LOVE that snowflake patterned doily and all your elements go so well together! This is beautiful! :)

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely! I do like the stamped snowflakes and the lovely die cut one too! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Sue Lelli said...

Marisa, this is so PRETTY! LOVE the neutral background with the snowflake and bow in burgundy! They just POP off the card! LOVE your "JOY" sentiment because that is what your card brings to me! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Lovely card! I like the snowflakes!

nwilliams6 said...

Sweet card - love all the wonderful snowflakes you are using this year! Super colors and papers. I don't know how you keep making soooo many wonderful cards! I am running out of Christmas MOJO and ready to make a Valentines card or something else! Hugz!

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful card and a beautiful post about the Joy of this season and the Joy that God gives us through his Son, Jesus Christ. Have a Blessed CHRISTmas.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Pretty! Pretty! Pretty! Love the snowflakes! Love the sentiment , especially with the added pearls!
Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN! Your use of the color challenge is just fabulous!

Colleen Dietrich said...

So pretty! I like how you mounted a large circle over the square....good design idea. :)

Shannon White said...

Soo Pretty & Festive Marisa!! Love your Sweet burgundy snowflake and the pretty snowflake dp's and fun embossed bg too! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Katarzyna Leśnik said...

Amazing :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Cr84FN this week!