Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Loved

VLV Feb Week 4 photo VLVFebWk4picA.jpg

This week's Verve sketch is brought to us by Janelle and it is a CAS sketch that I kind of gussied up a bit.

I am still smitten by the fabulous script and sentiments in Verve's new So Fluttery set so I paired it with a new embossing folder I picked up last weekend at one of my local scrapbooking stores.  Just love the X's and O's and just wish I had had it before Valentine's Day.  Oh well, at least I'll have it for next year's Valentine's Day :)  I used it on the brown banners, but it is a bit hard to see in the picture.  Lots of other Verve goodness making an appearance here too.

Still time to get all four of the February Verve sketches done and uploaded on to the Verve Forum over at SCS!   The prize is a doozie - a $100 gift certificate to Verve!  Good luck to all of you who are entering :)

Thanks for popping by today.

 

What's In It?
Stamps: So Fluttery and Love Notes (Verve) 
Paper: Pink Small Dots (Making Memories), Kraft, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up) 
Ink:Black, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up) 
Accessories:  Wavy Hearts, Classy Label and Banner Bundle Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Medium Scallop Border (PTI), Hugs and Kisses Embossing Folder (Provo Craft), 5/8" White Satin Ribbon, Distressing Tool (Stampin' Up), Crimper,  Button, White Half Pearls, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Pink and brown...definitely can't go wrong with that color combo. Fabulous Marisa!

nwilliams6 said...

I totally want that ef! I bought some paper from CM that has that texture just for the X&Os. Lovely colors on this and that sentiment is so sweet. Wonderful card. Sorry I have been MIA - I am trying to catch back up after some crazy overtime and helping Crystal paint and get her house ready. Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a bright and pretty take on the sketch!

Andrea Ewen said...

Yes, this card is loved...by many~ :) Beautiful, feminine colors and lovely satin-y, shiny bow!

Dawn Easton said...

Love that! Gussied up a bit! hehe! Sweet card!

Benzi said...

A card full of sweetness, Marisa. It's adorable!!

Mary Ann said...

Love your card,Very pretty...

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty card and color combo~

Emily Keaton said...

Gorgeous! I love how you gussied up that CAS sketch :-)

Maureen said...

kraft and pink are always yummy :) Love the satin ribbon too :)

Ravengirl said...

So pretty Marisa! Love the colors and the font too!

papierscrapetc said...

Superbe carte!!!!!
J'adore le combo de couleurs.
Bonne soirée.
A bientôt
Bises.
Chantal

Stacy Morgan said...

So pretty and sweet. I adore the distressing it adds a romantic touch.

Lee-Anne said...

Love all the distressing and the pink, kraft and white combo! That's an awesome ef you found...love it!

Shelley said...

Love how you give attention to every layer. It makes for a super card!

Anonymous said...

One of my favourite colour schemes! Beautiful!
xx

Bonnie said...

You do these sketches so beautifully, Marisa! I always love Kraft, pink and white but that unexpected pop of black is an added treat!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card and I love that sketch!

Christina said...

I'm quite certain that is the most perfect bow I've ever seen. The distressed edges add such a nice, soft texture, and I love the row of pearls on the little flag.

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Love pink and Kraft and the little dash of black makes it perfect. xxx

Denise Marzec said...

Really great colors, especially with the pop of black!