Friday, May 31, 2013

Just Us Girls #191

JUGS 191 photo JUGS191picA.jpg


Welcome to this week's Just Us Girls challenge - a sketch challenge hosted by Elise.

I  took quite a bit of "creative license" on the sketch (sorry Elise!) because I really wanted to use this PTI flower die again as the sketch immediately brought it to mind.

I paired the sketch with this week's  Color Throwdown and after popping up all six layers of the  flower, it is definitely a "fluffy" flower LOL!

The rest of the  JUGS team has some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so just hop on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be selected as Chic of the Week.  




What's In It?
Stamps: Frilly Flowers (PTII), Circular Sayings (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Going Grey, White
Ink:  Black, Going Grey, Pink Passion, Summer Sun (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:  Frilly Flower and Edger Dies (PTI), 5/8" Turquoise Satin Ribbon, Black Half Pearls, Button, Twine (Twinery), Glue Dot, Dimensionals




17 comments:

Maureen said...

ah, I haven't used mine in awhile...they are so fun. Love the bold colours :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pretty card Marisa! Love the edge detail and the bright blue ribbon. xxx

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...every time I see you or Moe use those dies I think I must have them. Gorgeous card...love, love, love your color combo Marisa!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card,Love the colorful flower!!!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, how pretty! I think you incorporated those gorgeous colors perfectly for your beautiful layered creation. I hope you have a fabulous weekend :-)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Aw the joys of making a sketch your own~ fabulous. Fun flower. I see you are up to 300 em subscribers! GOOD FOR YOU! :) Such a nice round number~

Chris Dring said...

This card is so pretty! TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this is awesome! Love those colours and all those layers!! Makes my heart happy!

Kathy Jones said...

So bright and happy!! Love that scallop border!! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Marisa, the layers and colors on this are just the BEST. I love that layered flower and it was the perfect choice get those colors in. Lovely stuff! Hugz!

Elise said...

Ummm, YEAH! How could ANYONE fault you for such GORGEOUS use of stuff! As far as I'm concerned - you NAILED this one, darlin'! Over the years I've come to rely on "interpretation" of inspiration - and yours is OUTSTANDING! Baby, YOU'RE a FIREWORK!

Benzi said...

Ooh, la, la...the 'fluffy' flower really is gorgeous. Fab card!

Debbie Carriere said...

Marisa, this is absolutely beautiful!!! Love the colors and the border on that panel. Just lovely :) And you are one busy stamper - you are on quite the roll and I love all your cards!

Andrea Ewen said...

That is some flower....I just love it in it's brilliance!

Nancy said...

Another beautiful job this week Marisa...love the yellow and pink together...I must remember that in the future!...You have been busy!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and how you layered the flower! Lovely!

Christina said...

Gorgeous layered bloom, Marisa. I especially love the contrast with the blue ribbon and the pretty decorative edge.