Monday, September 2, 2013

Mojo Monday #309

Mojo #309 photo Mojo309PicA.jpg

It's the first Monday of the month so that means it's contest time over on the Mojo Monday blog.  One person for every 50 entries will win a Verve Stamps set of their choice.

Julee created this skewed panel sketch for us to work with this week.  I'm glad to say, skewed panels no longer send me into a tail spin the way they used to LOL!  Practice makes perfect and in my case, multiple skewed panel sketches brought me to a place where I actually enjoy them - gasp!  Love how the wonderful hobby always allows you to grow as a paper crafter!

I used On The Bright Side papers by MME, and since summer is quickly passing, I just had to use my Flutterby die one more time.  The sentiment is perfect for my daughter as she starts another year of high school.  She has not enjoyed her high school years at all...poor girl.  She's a straight A student, so academics are not an issue, but she suffers socially in that she still does not have a close friend to walk through high school with.  Needless to say, I'm praying for her to meet a wonderful girl this year and until that time, I'm very thankful for texting so I can encourage her throughout her day.

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Enjoying our last day together as a family before the craziness of the Fall begins.  It's always like going from zero to one hundred the first few weeks of September as we all settle into the fall schedule and extra curricular activities.  In addition, I'm doing an intensive, 21 day workout program with the Go Fit Gals as I want to grind off five to ten pounds.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks for popping in today!

Challenges:  Simon Says



What's In It?
Stamps: Let It Be (Verve Stamps) 
Paper:  On The Bright Side (My Mind's Eye), Early Espresso, So Saffron (Stampin' Up), Teal (Bazzil)
Ink: Black 
Accessories:  Flutterby (A Cut Above by Verve),
Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Crimper (Fiskars), Button, Twine, Brown Half Pearls, Bling, Dimensionals, Bling, Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals

20 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous, loving the layering of the wonderful elements.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Mary Ann said...

Very pretty card,Love the design and the colors!!!

Lynn said...

You go girl on the workout! Awesome...I need to tap into your motivation! Love your card...sentiment says it all.

Vicki Dutcher said...

You have the tilting down!! Fabulous card~

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous! Love your take on this weeks sketch!

Maureen said...

what beautiful colours to welcome fall. I'm all ready...except for the lunches to make tonight. The summer always goes by too quickly :)

Benzi said...

Very pretty card, Marisa. I sure hope you daughter has a new friend and a great year coming along.

Andrea W said...

Terrific card! I love your mix of patterned papers and the crimped banner. Very pretty!

dj said...

I agree summer ended way to quickly!!

Love what you have done with this sketch...the crimped piece is a nice touch!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Marisa! Love the mix of colors and patterns... you're a pro at skewed panels now!

nwilliams6 said...

Great positive card for your daughter - that sentiment is so meaningful and your papers are fresh and fun. I feel for her! My DD had a similar issue in her first few years of HS - and things ended up working out. Your daughter is precious and sweet - I know it will work out for her too. Congrats to her on the straight As too - that is way more important anyway (even though she probably doesn't think so). Hugz to the both of you.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful. I love all the off kilter panels. Very unique layout. Good luck with your busy fall and your working out. I have been working out 3 times a week and love it.

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful card, Marisa, in your signature crimping and butterfly style! I'm betting I'll see the maple leaf coming out soon. :-) Sounds like you have lots on your plate...take time to enjoy it all!

Kim S said...

Your patterns and colors and textures are so cheerful - perfect for the sentiment!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous Marisa, I always look forward to seeing your Mojo Monday card each week!

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous card, Marisa!!! Love that butterfly!

I know how you are feeling about your daughter and high school. Chloe will be starting school in Lethbridge in another couple of weeks....it's high school there in grade 9. Hoping she makes friends right away!

Vickie Z said...

Love it!! The papers are fabulous and I say we do butterflies throughout the winter...may just use this butterfly on my next Verve card....you've inspired me!! Hugs to the girl...my heart goes out to her....so difficult. Teenage girls can be so nasty and hurtful.

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh so pretty. The combination of papers is just candy for the eyes. You have such a wonderful knack of putting things together. Love it.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

pam said...

great card - love the layout and the color combo!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such a fun, skewed-panel-full sketch! And you rocked it! Now, I have that reggae song in my head.... ;)