Friday, October 4, 2013

Just Us Girls #209

JUGS209 photo JUGS209picA.jpg 

Welcome to this week's Just Us Girls challenge.  In honor of World Card Making Day, we have a sponsor.  A Walk Down Memory Lane  is providing a $15 gift certificate to this week's Chic of the Week!  Worth playing for indeed.

Since it's fall and I have been neglecting my beloved maple leaf stamps and dies, it is time to rectify that issue {grin}.

I used the small maple leaf image from PTI's Leaf Prints (oh how I love this set!!) and fussy cut the maple leaves out as there is no small maple leaf die in the matching die set.  I also used this wonderful hello die set from My Favorite things which was a gift from Debbie Carriere - thank you, Debbie!! I love this die set ((hugs))!

I fudged the sketch just a bit by adding a third maple leaf, but it just "had" to be done LOL!  I added the "Autumn" sentiment banner under the "hello" using a partial sentiment from Verve's Autumn Splendor.  Three stamp companies on one card - sharing the wealth today :)

The rest of the  JUGS team, including our three new DT member's, have some wonderful samples to get your inspiration going, so head on over to the Just Us Girls blog, and check out what the Design Team has created.  Then put your creative genes to work and add your card/project to the challenge post on the JUGS blog for the chance to be chosen as the Chic of the Week.   

Off to watch my son's soccer game and then over to my mom's to celebrate all the September and August family birthdays (five birthdays in total!).  Then, definitely scheduling a down day tomorrow after an insanely busy past two weeks!  We flew to Edmonton for my hubby's niece's wedding a weekend ago, and as fate would have it, hubby brought the stomach flu into our house the week before we were to fly out.  He got it Saturday night, my daughter got it on Tuesday night a puked all night long (insert little sleep for both of us), and then just when I thought we were clear, my son got it Thursday night, the night before we were to fly to Edmonton, and was puking a good part of the night as well (insert, second night with very little sleep).  Note to self:  remind son/assist son with actually hitting the bucket when he pukes so you don't have to clean your carpet at 3:00 a.m. and 5:45 a.m. 


Thankfully, the puking subsided in the early morning so we were able to fly out for the wedding the next morning.  Needless to say, I am eternally grateful for Gravol LOL!  I doped him up and he was a real trooper on the trip!  We even managed to make it there without incident - phew!  Poor little guy missed most of the festivities as well as the wedding reception (he was in bed sleeping for the most part), but was able to enjoy the family gathering on Sunday and gleefully consumed a ton of dinner buns and other goodies as his tummy had finally settled down enough for him to be able to eat again.  Knock on wood, I don't get it!! 

Have a great weekend and I'll be back on Monday with my card for contest week over on the Mojo Monday blog. 



What's In It? 
Stamps:  Autumn Splendor (Verve Stamps), Leaf Prints (PTI) 

Paper:  Stella and Rose (My Mind's Eye), Kraft, Mellow Moss and Early Espresso (Stampin' Up), Cream Linen
Ink:  Black, Always Artichoke, Only Orange, Rudy Red (Stampin' Up)
Accessories:   Happy Hellos Dynamics (My Favorite Things), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (Tim Holtz), Twine, Buttons, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Phew!! Take a deep breath! Ha Ha

Love the card my friend. Now, breath deeply and off you GO!! xxx

Nancy said...

Marisa....those fall leaves just pop right off your card! great choice of sentiment too! Love your work as always.....enjoy your Birthday celebrations and hope you get a little of that down time tomorrow! Enjoy!

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! What a story! So sorry your family had to go through all that, and I hope you were able to sneak by and not get sick. But I love your card! I was just saying on my blog how I love dies and that I don't need to fussy cut and you did just that here! LOL! It's well worth it! Lovely fall card!

Carol Hurlock said...

Would you look at those leaves. How pretty. What a great stamp. This card is gorgeous.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous Fall card! I see you got [and get] to use your favorite leaf this time of year!

JoAnn said...

Oh my goodness,Marissa, you have certainly had your hands full. Glad you were able to make it to the wedding and that all are well. I love your beautiful fall card and you are right, it need the 3rd leaf. The embossed woodgrain panel is the perfect touch. TFS

Unknown said...

Wonderful fall card, Marisa! Love your trio of leaves and bold "hello" in black!

Andrea Ewen said...

Love the pretty colors on this, Marisa! Glad to see those good ol' maple leaves back! :)

Shelley said...

Well, I'm glad everyone is feeling better! Oh my!

I was wondering about that small leaf until I read you fussy cut it. Love the button you added, very cute!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Gorgeous Autumn card. I love those maple leaves and the "hello" diecut.
I'm glad that you and your family were able to make it to the wedding and I'm praying that all are still feeling better....and that you don't get sick now. Have fun celebrating the family birthdays.
Darbaby on SCS

Sharyn Polesel said...

I know I already told you how beautiful this card is, but wanted to leave a little message on your blog. I love leaves, and I love your card.....great job!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Great card! Love the buttons on the leaves. I don't know how you squeezed this in with everything going on in your life! Good luck keeping that flu bug away.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Marisa! Love the pretty fall foliage!

Benzi said...

I've been wondering about those pretty maple leaves of yours. Beautiful Autumn card.

So sorry about the flu in your house. Glad you made it to the wedding. Whew!

Maureen said...

though Fall is not my favourite, I do love the colours and leaves :) Thank you for the reminder!

nwilliams6 said...

Your card is wonderful - love the textures and colors and total overall design. A truly wonderful fall card. I hate that you had such a rough few weeks and glad you are all better now! I felt sick all night last night so I can relate but I know it is worse when you are about to get on a plane! Hugz!

Maria said...

What a super fall card! Love those leaves! Wonderful job with the sketch!

Debbie Carriere said...

Gorgeous card, Marisa!!! Glad to see you put that die to fabulous use! Sorry I missed this post when you actually posted it! I haven't had too much time for blog perusing lately! UGH!!! ((hugs))