Monday, December 16, 2013

Mojo Monday #324

Mojo 324 photo Mojo324picA.jpg

This week's Mojo Monday sketch is by Teresa and that banner was great fun to use!

Once again I used We R Memory Keepers North Pole papers and created a banner using one of the dies from the Flag It die set and stamping on the sentiment an then threading it with twine.  Love this tree die from the Winter Fun set, and had to use it again, crimping one of them for a bit of dimension and to fill some space.  The sentiment is embossed in white and I added a touch of twine for a little something.

It was a big stretch for me to use so much patterned paper and not have any white space - yikes!  However, I think it works as "joy" is highlighted and that was my goal.

You can check out all the challenge details over on the Mojo Monday blog and also get a chance to view all the wonderful Mojo Makers samples.  Should you wish more details on the Mojo Maker's cards, you can also visit their individual blogs noted below.


Last week of school for the kids before they are off for Christmas Break.  Going to be a busy week indeed!  Wishing you a great one!



 

What's In It?
Stamps:   Peace On Earth (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  North Pole (We R Memory Keepers), Cool Caribbean, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up) 
Ink: Black, VersaMark  
Accessories: 
Winter Fun Die Set, Flag It Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Crimper (Fiskars), Twine, Dimensionals  

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Love the sweet little banners!

nwilliams6 said...

Hey Marisa, I only had time to visit one blog today so I picked yours because I love your Monday posts. So glad I did because I absolutely love your card. It reminds me of a sweater with that great bg, and the colors and shapes are beautiful. So lovely! It inspires me - so wish I had some time to go make something. HUGZ!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fab card!Are those trees Verve too?

Unknown said...

Totally delightful Marisa! Love your choice of colours. You always get them just right. xxx

Chris Dring said...

What a stunning card Marisa! Love that you went out of your comfort zone and use a lot of different papers on this. Doing that really makes the banner sentiment stand out! Well done!

Kay Miller said...

This card is FABULOUS!! I saw it on Pinterest this morning and had to sit down!! Love the pretty colors and your beautiful layering!!

Benzi said...

Awesome tree and I love your papers and colors. Wow! Yes, you've highlighted your "Joy" perfectly. LOVE this card.

Wanda Cullen said...

I really like how you threaded the twine through the banners! Will have to remember that trick. I started to use the same tree die (had 3 leftover dies cut out already) but just couldn't get it to work for me. Great papers!

Maureen said...

a fun card to celebrate the season!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card, Marisa!! Love those trees!!

Carole said...

Love the card Marisa. I'm a little behind in joining any challenges this week but I did want to drop by and wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas.