Friday, April 25, 2014

Verve Release Hop




Verve Stamps is celebrating the release of two amalgamated sets called Petals and Wings and Die Sidekicks, along with two fabulous, new Plain Janes and clear sequins.  We are celebrating by having a Release Hop.  If you have come here from Laurie's blog you are right on track.  If you just happened across the hop, you can check out the Master Hop List below or the one on the Verve Stamps blog.

VR April 2014 photo VRApr25picA.jpg

I simply adore Petals and Wings.  Butterflies, flowers and polka dots are all favorites of mine, and having them all in the same set, has me swooning LOL!  I took the polka dot theme and ran with it {grin}.  Fussy cut and popped up the flowers and chose this wonderful sentiment from the set because being a cup half full person I fully agree with it!

Verve April 25th Release photo VSApr25picA.jpg

For my second card I used last week's Viva la Verve sketch and the Scroll and Butterfly images from the new Die Sidekicks set.  Cut them out with their corresponding Scroll and All Aflutter dies and snuck in my beloved Jotted Heart and Elegant Leaves dies too.  The sentiment is from So Fluttery and I scattered a few of the fabulous, new Shine Bright sequins available at Verve Stamps.

Want to win some shiny new Verve? We'll be picking a random commenter on one of the hop spots below to win a $40 gift voucher to the Verve store! So be sure to leave a little comment on all the blogs below to increase your chances! Check out the Verve Blog today for all the prize info and deadlines!



Hop List:
1. Julee7. Jen
2. Amber8. Laurie
3. Andrea9. Marisa
4. Charmaine10. Maureen
5. Christyne11. Stacey
6. Janelle12. Teresa

Next on the list is Maureen, and I know she will have a wonderful card showcasing the release!

Along with the new releases, Verve is also having a Spring Sale!  A perfect opportunity to stock up on your Mother's Day gift wink, wink :)

 
Enjoy the hop and have a fabulous weekend!

Challenges:  Friday Mashup


 
What's In It?

Petals and Wings
Stamps:   Petals and Wings (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Dots and Stripes (Echo Park), Basic Grey, Kraft (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:  Black, Old Olive, Real Red (Stampin' Up)   
Accessories: 
Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Button, Twine, Glue Dot, Dimensionals


So Precious
Stamps:   Die Sidekicks, So Fluttery, Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Paper:  Devoted (Carta Bella), Lovey (Bella Blvd), Rose Romance (Stampin' Up)   
Ink:  Black, Going Grey (Stampin' Up), VersaMark
Accessories:  Scroll, All Aflutter, Jotted Heart and Elegant Leaves Dies (A Cut Above by Verve), Scalloped Doily Punch (Martha Stewart), Crimper (Fiskars), White Embossing Powder, Twine, Button, Glue Dots, Dimensionals

 

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect shade of green on the first card -- both cards are lovely :)

Linda C said...

Beautiful cards-so creative. Love the colors.

Maryleva said...

Love your cards especially the grey and pink.

Benzi said...

Beautiful cards, Marisa. I can imagine the fun you had making them.

Amber Hight said...

I love these cards Marisa!

Wendy said...

Sweet cards. the pink and grey make such a soft and sweet color combo. thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

The colors are perfect for the bright side! Love the combination.

Unknown said...

Great green flowery spring card love it! Now if the real spring would get here!

Elizabeth S. said...

These are adorable and love how you show cased both sets. My favorite is the second card with the color combo and layout...so cute!

Stacey Schafer said...

amazing work, Marisa!

Unknown said...

Two completely different looks and both wonderful!

Anonymous said...

The colorful, cheery card would help anyone look to the bright side of life. The second card is more subdued but the bright heart really focuses your attention to the sentiment. Great cards.

Unknown said...

Love all your polka dots! These two sets were my first Verve purchase because I love the polka dots. Beautiful cards.

D- said...

Thanks for sharing both of your beautiful cards.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards, especially love that bright and happy color scheme on the first!

Vickie Z said...

Love both of these!, the first sooo reminds me of you as you've used these flowers a lot and the second me has wonderful colors!! The petal set is one I don't have (not sure why) and i love the combo with dies :)

cm said...

Oh my, Marissa, another stunning duo, showcasing not only pretty VERVE, but the fact that you and VERVE are made for each other! I already have the two butterfly stamps from Petals and Wings, and the dies are #1 on my wish list! Gorgeous cards; you've made me smile with these Spring designs, as I watch the beginnings a snowstorm take shape. Sighh...but a happy sigh...
c

JoAnn said...

Love your beautiful cards and great designs.

Patty said...

I also am crazy over Polka Dots!! They just seem to look good on any card! Both your cards are beautiful! I love the bright perky colors & sentiment on your first one, and the grey & pink combo on your second one!!

Alma Dirpaul said...

I need to make a baby congrats card and I think I will use yours for inspiration. Thanks.

Unknown said...

The cards are beautiful!

Maureen said...

such sweet cards...love all the new sparkle!

Christine said...

Two beauties! Love the green and white dp with the dotted leaves and stems. The look is so fresh and spring-like!

nattyboots said...

Such beautiful cards ,i love them )

Kialaya said...

I love the mix of pink and brownish grey, it looks so vintage.

loulou said...

Fantastic cards. I love your fun designs and colour combination.

Nancy said...

Marisa, First want to say that I am sorry I haven't been by! I have been so busy and things are starting to level out now! Okay your cards for Verve!....Love the triple flowers and the Heart behind the sentiment on the second one! You always inspire me to push a little harder! Have a great day! HUGS!

Jean Bullock said...

Love the polka dots on both cards. I especially love the second card for its lovely color scheme.

DoofyJEss2 said...

Super fun polka dotty flower card!!! The second card is so sweet.

Sue D said...

Love the colors on both cards.

Kim S said...

I had totally forgotten that "bright side" sentiment - I used it regularly but then it got lost in my ever-growing stash. I love it with your cheerful flowers - they are extra cheerful in bright red and popped on the green and black background!

Lynda Day said...

Such a cute card. I love the flowers. They are bright and cheery. Thanks for playing with the Friday Mashup.

nwilliams6 said...

Gorgeous! Love them both! Love the happy flowers, green, and polka dots on the first. Love the pink and sweet details on the second. Great job. Hugz!